Steelers Week

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill hearing how much the Steelers like to blitz...      

I feel much better about the Tackles now that Beddingmoron has weighed in.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A lot of times a swing like this occurs on injury news but didn't see anything unexpected on the Steelers injury report that would lead to such a mid week swing in odds.

The rumors about big bens elbow maybe?

19 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I don't understand where you and the analysts are getting these notions. 

Offense:

Titans #2 yards (422) per game, #2 in points per game (32.8)

Steelers #21 yards (358) per game, #4 in points per game (32.1)

Strength of schedule: 

Steelers: Giants (1-5), Broncos (2-3), Texans (1-5), Eagles (1-4), Browns (4-2)

Titans: Broncos (2-3), Texans (1-5), Jaguars (1-5), Vikings (1-5), Bills (4-2)

Looks fairly equal on schedule, but it's not. We beat Broncos opening day in their house. We beat the Bills when they were 4-0. We beat the Texans coming off a fresh win and new coach. Vikings we flew out without our Defensive playcaller. Maybe all that context doesn't mean anything to you, but add in all the Covid-19 adversity, missing players + having starters on IR temporarily. 

Steelers adversity faced: they lost their linebacker and had their Titans game rescheduled. This feels a lot like the Bills week when announcers had Josh Allen's dick in their throats half the day. Bills defense this and that. 

But hey, that's to be expected of the Titans. Couple years ago we beat 7? Playoff teams. Last year we were 9-7 (Mariota 4/9 losses) but made deep playoff run, almost making the SB-- slaughtered the #1 offense in the league. Slaughtered Brady, sending him home with a pick 6 as his last pass. 

Now we're 5-0 and there's a big ass reason why Vegas can't decide where to put the points. I'm guessing they're gonna make a killing off Pennsylvania bettors. 

Couldn't explain it any better bro!!! Nice!!!

1 hour ago, Divine said:

What receiver?

Travis Fulgham. Apparently an undrafted free agent or some very late round pick im not sure either way he caught 10 passes for 152 yds and a td on this "unstoppable" pittsburgh defense. 

Corey and AJ have to be salivating at these dbs. This may be the week one or both of them explodes.

45 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Adoree was activated, but who knows if he plays.

I cannot imagine he would be more than a point or so though...

The books line moving has to do with money down not players. So depending how much dollars we’re placed will make the like adjust more and more.

As for why the sharps are laying tons of dough, could be they believe the books handicapped it wrong or they are line manipulating.

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

I don't understand where you and the analysts are getting these notions. 

Offense:

Titans #2 yards (422) per game, #2 in points per game (32.8)

Steelers #21 yards (358) per game, #4 in points per game (32.1)

Strength of schedule: 

Steelers: Giants (1-5), Broncos (2-3), Texans (1-5), Eagles (1-4), Browns (4-2)

Titans: Broncos (2-3), Texans (1-5), Jaguars (1-5), Vikings (1-5), Bills (4-2)

Looks fairly equal on schedule, but it's not. We beat Broncos opening day in their house. We beat the Bills when they were 4-0. We beat the Texans coming off a fresh win and new coach. Vikings we flew out without our Defensive playcaller. Maybe all that context doesn't mean anything to you, but add in all the Covid-19 adversity, missing players + having starters on IR temporarily. 

Steelers adversity faced: they lost their linebacker and had their Titans game rescheduled. This feels a lot like the Bills week when announcers had Josh Allen's dick in their throats half the day. Bills defense this and that. 

But hey, that's to be expected of the Titans. Couple years ago we beat 7? Playoff teams. Last year we were 9-7 (Mariota 4/9 losses) but made deep playoff run, almost making the SB-- slaughtered the #1 offense in the league. Slaughtered Brady, sending him home with a pick 6 as his last pass. 

Now we're 5-0 and there's a big ass reason why Vegas can't decide where to put the points. I'm guessing they're gonna make a killing off Pennsylvania bettors. 

There is a half game difference in the opponents records.  There is one more loss on the Titans schedule and the Steelers had Philadelphia which had a tie.

Steelers have the #2 defense in yards per game.  #3 defense in points per game.

Titans the 26th defense in yards per game.  #15 defense in points per game.

The Steelers have outscored their opponents by 62, the Titans by 38.  The closest game they had was against the Broncos and they won by 5 points.   The Titans won by 2 points against the Broncos.  The Jags was a three point game.  The Vikings was a one point game.  The Texans had to go into overtime and if Romeo kicks the extra point, rather than going for two, the Titans may not have gotten to over time.  (though, I think they would have had a good shot).  

I think that the game will be decided by the Steelers defensive line against the Titans offensive line and the Steelers offensive line vs the Titans defense line.

Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

There is a half game difference in the opponents records.  There is one more loss on the Titans schedule and the Steelers had Philadelphia which had a tie.

Steelers have the #2 defense in yards per game.  #3 defense in points per game.

Titans the 26th defense in yards per game.  #15 defense in points per game.

The Steelers have outscored their opponents by 62, the Titans by 38.  The closest game they had was against the Broncos and they won by 5 points.   The Titans won by 2 points against the Broncos.  The Jags was a three point game.  The Vikings was a one point game.  The Texans had to go into overtime and if Romeo kicks the extra point, rather than going for two, the Titans may not have gotten to over time.  (though, I think they would have had a good shot).  

I think that the game will be decided by the Steelers defensive line against the Titans offensive line and the Steelers offensive line vs the Titans defense line.

Time will tell.

Dude I have not even tried to make this point it is so obvious but the guys here are spouting the pit. Schedule is weak.

Ours might be a bit harder but in the real scheme of things its a wash. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic