Titans' Adoree' Jackson named team's most underrated player by PFF

OILERMAN

Titans' Adoree' Jackson named team's most underrated player by PFF

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/30/titans-adoree-jackson-named-teams-most-underrated-player-by-pff/

“Jackson came into the league with all kinds of promise as an athlete but questions as to whether he could translate it to top-end play at cornerback,” the network’s Ben Linsey wrote. “In our eyes, he’s already accomplished that, producing three straight years with an overall grade of 73.0 or higher. That run was capped by an 82.5 grade in coverage in 2019 that ranked sixth among all cornerbacks. Jackson’s speed gives him a huge leg up when receivers test him down the football field, and that shows up in the numbers with 22 forced incompletions compared to just 12 receptions allowed when targeted 20 or more yards downfield. It’s time that we start recognizing him as a legitimate No. 1 cornerback.”

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had not been impressed with Jackson heading into 2019 but he came on big this past season. I think part of it is as the article states, his play in the return game was so poor. He's also been scorch

I was totally wrong on Adoree, I hated the pick. He's a stud. It just seemed way too early to take a toolsy guy that got more positive reviews for his return game & play on offense. Looking at it

Felt like he took his game to a whole other level in the 2nd half last season. 

17 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Remember the meltdown on this board when he was picked?  The only one rivaling it in recent years for first round picks was Lewan.

Some people wanted OJ Howard. Some of us wanted Tre'Davious White, who was the better CB.

But Adore has turned into a damned good CB.

I still think Jackson is overrated (around here) or at least rated properly. Almost never makes the INT, usually in the right place but a lot of times in the right place as the guy catches the ball. He did show toughness last year in battling through the injury. Dreadful as a returner which was a large

reason he was taken where he was. 

Edited by japan

8 hours ago, scine09 said:

Remember the meltdown on this board when he was picked?  The only one rivaling it in recent years for first round picks was Lewan.

People losing their shit over the Lewan pick look much worse. 

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I had not been impressed with Jackson heading into 2019 but he came on big this past season. I think part of it is as the article states, his play in the return game was so poor. He's also been scorched in a few games like the Colt game a few years back. 

He's def developed into a top cover CB. 

It seems related. He’s become a much better CB since return duties were taken from him. 

2 hours ago, japan said:

I still think Jackson is overrated (around here) or at least rated properly. Almost never makes the INT, usually in the right place but a lot of times in the right place as the guy catches the ball. He did show toughness last year in battling through the injury. Dreadful as a returner which was a large

reason he was taken where he was. 

You are not gona loke fulton either then. But if we have 2 bookend corners who get 1 or 2 picks a year but shut their man down I am all fucking in.