Titans are FIFTH in Scoring Since Tannehill Took Over

TitansGuru

6 hours ago, rns90 said:

Um, so you totally didn't notice the reports of the offense stinking it up in the red zone in training camp (for the 2nd straight year), the lackluster 2017 and 2018 years, and the bad preseason from Mariota?

It was pretty obvious the outcome was going to end up with him being benched.

I kinda remember that Tanny was also stinking it up in the red zone during training camp.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cant use we... gtfo traitor.

Btw, this idea that Tannehill is going to sign here for 15M a year is off. He's going to be worth closer to 25M per year - somewhere between Cousins and Foles. 

Posted Images

I don't know why some of you are arguing about the decision on Marcus. It is evident that they had to give Marcus every opportunity because AAS loves him. She did the same thing when she saddled her new GM with Mularkey years ago. She has a track record of not allowing her football people to make football decisions when she is in love.

8 hours ago, japan said:

That the directive was to give him a chance.  Seems like JRob was strangely prepared for Mariota not being the guy.  No extension and traded for Tannehill.  Strange....

I agree, it was strange. Give him a chance at what? On what planet was Mariota going to suddenly turn into the guy? Then on top of that after 4 games they want to see him play a few games with Lewan(which was def not from AAS)? LOL

I just have a hard time accepting that it's OK to ruin a season with this team to see something anyone with a brain already knew. 

I believe the national guys were being fed the stuff about it being a battle and they didn't want to waste the defense by Vrabel. I really don't think he ever liked Mariota, how could he? 

8 hours ago, big2033 said:

There was too much risk in not letting Mariota remind everyone how much he sucks for his final year.

Up until his benching people were still talking about how he single-handedly beat the Patriots with 24 pass attempts.

You start Tannehill Week 1 and he does well morons would be saying, "Imagine if Mariota was in there!"

If you're basing your starting QB on what morons think then you got trouble

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Not only would the record be better but you have to think Tanny is more comfortable in the offense and has better connection with the skill players  

Can anybody really be ‘comfortable’ in this offense? Am I right?

8 hours ago, rns90 said:

It's not just the preseason though with him.  It's the multiple training camps and the fact that he had sucked in 2017 and 2018.  Put all those things together and the it could only go one way.

Definitely not talking specifically Mariota. I’m just talking in general and trying to help another poster understand what another poster was saying. 

I don’t really care to argue Mariota anymore because he is no longer starting/franchise qb. No reason to talk about him. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

If you're basing your starting QB on what morons think then you got trouble

You just have to imagine what would be the perception from ownership if a whole stadium is chanting for Mariota ... 

The morons have power no matter how much we don't want to admit it.

15 hours ago, BudAdams said:

It's not disdain.  There is far more evidence that Robinson runs the football operations, including the on field piece, than there is that AAS does.

It's also fact that Robinson used Mariota's lack of development as a huge reason for changing coaches.  He also exercised the 5th year option.  Yeah he didn't draft him but to act like he's not invested in the success of Mariota is laughable and wrong.

From my perspective, it was a business decision that was mutually decided by all parties because of the substantial investment they made as well as the questions about his injuries and how much they have affected his overall play.

The decision was also delayed because of questions about the offensive line and how much that impacted MMs production. There were plenty of red flags but as a good business decision, they needed to be sure. It wasn’t a black and white situation.

Marcus was also the face of the franchise and represented the organization well off the field. Bottom line is the Titan’s goal is to win games and reality trumped everything else that was being considered.

Edited by freakingeek

22 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

From my perspective, it was a business decision that was mutually decided by all parties because of the substantial investment they made as well as the questions about his injuries and how much they have affected his overall play.

The decision was also delayed because of questions about the offensive line and how much that impacted MMs production. There were plenty of red flags but as a good business decision, they needed to be sure. It wasn’t a black and white situation.

Marcus was also the face of the franchise and represented the organization well off the field. Bottom line is the Titan’s goal is to win games and reality trumped everything else that was being considered.

I'm sure ownership had input but at the same time I don't know how anyone doesn't think Robinson didn't as well.  Every account of AAS involvement is to let the hired people run things and there's evidence of Robinson influencing use of personnel both in the past and under Vrabel.  Add in that having Mariota pan out is a huge coup for Robinson.  His entire plan since being GM was to build around Mariota.  He's changed coaches/schemes and systematically added players to upgrade (on paper) around him.  It's logical that he would want to validate the plan/moves before moving on because of the collateral damage - a plan's failure ultimately leads to questions about the planner not to mention it puts solving QB on the front burner whereas the alternative world is that Mariota plays well enough to win games and appease the ownership and fan base.

People are clinging to AAS loves Mariota and I cannot help some of that is sexist thinking.  I've never said she didn't have a say but it's a big leap to say she dictated he play.  It's more plausible to me that Robinson was driving this for the various reasons above.  The reality is that the team (GM/coaches) probably thought the Titans would be winning games regardless as opposed to going 2-4 to start. 

At this point, we do know that the decision makers fucked us.  They are likely 7-3 or 8-2 if they had done the right thing for the right reasons.

7 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

LMAO. No one wants Mariota back. Move on to your fantasy crap.

LOL WTF are you talking about?

Still trying to prove Ryan Tannehill is better than Patrick Mahomes?

Don't be mad at me for you're insane "next QB" homerism when it comes to this team.

54 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Better people than you said he outplayed him yesterday. Get your nose out of the stat box and learn something. And for Gods sake forget Mariota. You prove how stupid you are with each mention of him.

This discussion had nothing to do with you it just seems you're still angry because I called you out regarding your unhealthy obsession with backups.

Lord help us if Blaine Gabbert is ever back on this team.

Mariota sucks, Tannehill is much better, but your weird obsession with backups on this team is insane.

So please, continue to tells us how Ryan Tannehill is better for our team than Patrick Mahomes. Help explain it for all the people who said he outplayed him.

Can't wait for your response:

What makes Ryan Tannehill better than Patrick Mahomes?

Edited by big2033