Warren Sharp on Smith

Titans279

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Scine...what in the world?

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

Posted Images

Just now, scine09 said:

He's been downright dreadful these past two weeks.  He's not allowing Mariota to get into any kind of rhythm.  Every time they hit a big pass play it was right back to the run.

Wait, what?  It's hard to trust the qb when he can't even complete basic qb things like throw a bubble screen to a WR.

Just now, rns90 said:

Wait, what?  It's hard to trust the qb when he can't even complete basic qb things like throw a bubble screen to a WR.

The best this team has moved the ball for the most part since 2015 has been by letting the QB throw the ball.  You know I'll give you examples.  

Mariota is certainly struggling.  But this type of offense is not going to work.  And if Mariota comes out and is throwing too many inc and taking too many sacks then so be it.  The other way ain't working.

This was first game I got to watch this year and Mariota is terrible. The sacks sucked and can be blamed on one terrible guard understandable. However even with time what’s the excuse for throwing high? Wide? And off target? None. It’s a guy whose not anticipating any throws, he’s throwing to guys who can’t make any play Ayer the catch he doesn’t hit anyone in stride. He’s holding onto the ball way to long. Blame coaching,

blame offensive line, blame receivers, I don’t care. I know who and what the problem is and that’s the guy throwing the ball. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Then make the change!

The coaches are committing malpractice either way

Yep.  For the life of me I can't understand why they're doing this.  Either they truly believe that this is how you run an offense, which if that's the case means that the wrong people are running the team or they don't trust the QB.  And if the latter is the case then bench him.  And if you think he's better than the backup and don't want to bench him then why did you trade for the backup to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Exactly.

He's fucking David Carr at this point.

You have no choice but to run the ball and no one's buying the play action any longer do to the fact that he can't read defenses pre or post snap so all he has a chance with is play action.

Edited by Smokes

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Vrabel is a big problem here, go back and watch Arthur Smith's press conference from last week, he basically said Vrabel sets the offensive philosophy for the game and Smith builds a game plan around it.

What should the offensive philsophy had been instead? 

How do we usually beat the Jaguars with Mariota at QB?

Should the plan have been to Let Mariota air it out from the get go against Ramsey and Bouye with Lewan out and no RG? Vs Campbell and Ngakwe?