Texans poised to acquire Tunsil and Stills from the Dolphins

NashvilleNinja

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This is it. Rudderless team that traded for Rosen just to use him as cannon fodder. I think there's a lens through which this trade is ultimately seen as bad for the Texans, but they had to do something for Watson. In reality, looking at this trade in context with the Clowney trade, they probably could have achieved their goals without giving up as much, especially getting fleeced for Clowney. They see blood with Luck out thought, and couldn't do much without protecting Watson. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Texans were forced to acquire a LT as they completely botched the 2019 draft by letting the Eagles move ahead of them for Andre Dillard.

Why? Tunsil busted as a LT and the Texans just gave a 1st and other picks for him. It's a dumb move.

Dolphins are tanking

Posted Images

For the 2019 Texans, the collective of moves does make them better as at least they are trying to protect Watson better.  Of course, Watson creates some of the protection problems and that's the rub with a player like him.  As long as he makes up for it with explosive splash plays, you can live with it.  Stills isn't great but certainly makes their top 3 WR's good.

Defensively, Martin & Mingo may actually schematically fit the Texans scheme better than they did with the Seahawks as both are 3-4 OLB's but undersized edge rushers in a 4-3.

From the Titans perspective, this probably hurts for 2019.  Long term, it's better given the picks Houston won't have but both teams are in win now mode anyway.

16 hours ago, OzTitan said:

If this is about Lawrence, all the capital in the world won't matter for the Dolphins if a QB needy team is picking 1st in 2021.

I think its more likely about Tua/Herbert and having extra capital/leverage. Can you really afford to suck that bad for two years? Most owners/fans are not that patient.

Edited by socaltitan

13 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

No way he's worth 2 1st round picks and a second.

Oline is way overvalued now

better sign Conklin and maybe even Kelly.

It probably is but it's systemic across the league.  College football does not produce players on the OL that have any clue how to block in the NFL.  Thus, if a guy proves he can play well on this level, he's going to get paid.

59 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

For the 2019 Texans, the collective of moves does make them better as at least they are trying to protect Watson better.  Of course, Watson creates some of the protection problems and that's the rub with a player like him.  As long as he makes up for it with explosive splash plays, you can live with it.  Stills isn't great but certainly makes their top 3 WR's good.

Defensively, Martin & Mingo may actually schematically fit the Texans scheme better than they did with the Seahawks as both are 3-4 OLB's but undersized edge rushers in a 4-3.

From the Titans perspective, this probably hurts for 2019.  Long term, it's better given the picks Houston won't have but both teams are in win now mode anyway.

JJ Watt is likely to see a lot more double teams.

18 hours ago, oldschool said:

Lol. He sucked so bad as a rookie he was moved to OG, moved back to LT in year 2 and was bad. Last year he had a good year but the idea he is now one of the best is laughable. He has to string together multiple good seasons before he earns it. The most telling fact in all of this is the fact the Dolphins traded him. Teams dont trade stud LTs. Its arguably the 2nd most important position on the field behind QB.

I knew he was bad as a rookie. Like I said, I haven't watched him and was surprised to see so many saying this. Numerous media folks seem to feel pretty strongly about him now so I'm assuming he started living up to the initial hype coming out. Regardless, Texans still gave up a ton.

This was from Baldy back in July.

44 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I knew he was bad as a rookie. Like I said, I haven't watched him and was surprised to see so many saying this. Numerous media folks seem to feel pretty strongly about him now so I'm assuming he started living up to the initial hype coming out. Regardless, Texans still gave up a ton.

This was from Baldy back in July.

Everything I’ve heard he was very good last year

7 hours ago, OzTitan said:

So what form will the "player revolt" take in Miami? it was supposed to happen if Tunsil got traded.

they are going to wait a week...sometimes 2 or maybe 3 weeks to cash their game checks making it more difficult for the owner to know exactly how much money is in his account without looking to see what checks have cleared.