Who Here Was Originally An Oilers Fan And Followed Them To Tennessee?

MIKE75

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The 92 team was likely better than the other Oiler teams back in those days. By 93 the offense really sucked. The 93 team obviously had the great defense but injuries killed them. The 1992 team still had a really good defense and the offense was much better than the 93 team. 

Those teams always had terrible STs and were always poorly coached too 

Pardee was a retard.  A retard's retard.

Edited by Denali

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans an

He actually addressed the team before the season and told them the team would be dismantled regardless of what happened because of upcoming free agency and the salary cap.   Entering that se

Houston native. I'm still pissed at Lanier and Adams for letting the team move.

16 minutes ago, Denali said:

Pardee was a retard.  A retard's retard.

Hey Touched The Tard, wasn’t that about the time you graduated from high school at about 20 years of age? Sounds like you understood retardism really early.

11 minutes ago, Somedude said:

This franchise could have done worse for only having 2 outside HC hires the last 25 years.

Hey Touched, say UNCLE and I will yank my clodhopper out till September. Good of a deal as you will ever get.

1 minute ago, Alcibiades said:

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans and followed the team here. They have no hope for the future, and no real belief in any of our players, coaches, etc. They have been burned too many times. 

Boom, present company excluded of course.

21 hours ago, Huston said:

Aw the Commander good times lol, he had arm though. He wasn't a great fit for the run and shoot IMO. Was it Berman who gave him that name?

Not sure about that...good question.

What I do know is that you can draw a straight line from the decision to let Moon walk and start Carlson in '94 (disastrously) to the Oilers leaving Houston. They really thought Carlson was ready.

The Oilers destiny was unbelievably changed by that decision....Moon played extremely well for 4 more years after they let him go. They could/should have kept him at the time. They would have had at least a decent '94 season...so no Fisher hire mid-season, no 2-14, no McNair, no Tennessee, no Super Bowl, and everything else.

The stadium demand AFTER a 2-14 season with no QB is what killed the Oilers. A stadium demand after a 9-7 season is totally different story, even with the playoff chokes. 

5 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans and followed the team here. They have no hope for the future, and no real belief in any of our players, coaches, etc. They have been burned too many times. 

yep...I've reached a point where I'm not sure I even want to win a superbowl...I don't know what I would do after that.

guess go be a bengals fan

7 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

Not sure about that...good question.

What I do know is that you can draw a straight line from the decision to let Moon walk and start Carlson in '94 (disastrously) to the Oilers leaving Houston. They really thought Carlson was ready.

The Oilers destiny was unbelievably changed by that decision....Moon played extremely well for 4 more years after they let him go. They could/should have kept him at the time. They would have had at least a decent '94 season...so no Fisher hire mid-season, no 2-14, no McNair, no Tennessee, no Super Bowl, and everything else.

The stadium demand AFTER a 2-14 season with no QB is what killed the Oilers. A stadium demand after a 9-7 season is totally different story, even with the playoff chokes. 

Agree

Plus Bud had went to that well too many times flirting with Jacksonville a few years earlier. 

Agree the Carlson/Moon decision was killer but honestly they lost more players besides Moon (Fuller, Jones, etc.).  Saying that, I don't think that team was going to make the next step even if they kept that group together. 

i started following the Oilers since 1977. since  Earl Campbell, White Shoes Johnson, Gray, Pastorini era. yes the two times we were slammed against the Steel Courtain, and prevented the team to play their first SB. In that division (Central) where we had Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinncinati.

Oilers fan.  Parents watched them (told me they took me to the dome as a baby/toddler).  Then we moved around 89.  I remember first watching them when the Bills wildcard game happened.  Didn't like the move, but I didn't live in Texas at that time, so it wasn't a big deal.  Plus the name-change fit within my interests.

Was quite young in Houston, 2-6 years old.  Went to some Astros games with my dad and became a Houston sports fan for life.  Later we moved to Nashville.  Watched the Buffalo collapse in high school.

Pulled for the Titans when they moved.  Bought my first TV for my first Super Bowl party with my wife in our first apartment together.

They keep pulling me back in ?