Who Here Was Originally An Oilers Fan And Followed Them To Tennessee?

MIKE75

4 hours ago, Huston said:

The old AFC Central was the shit.

How much different would the Titans history from 2003 on look if the NFL did the right thing and kept the Colts in their geographical region (it's more north than Cincinnati and closer to Cincinnati than any other NFL city) while keeping the Ravens and Titans in the same division (at the time of realignment their rivalry was one of the NFL's best)?   Also they could have kept 3 teams from the Central in each division.  Cin/Cle/Pit in one and Bal/Jax/Ten in the other.

The Ravens only real rival in 2002 was the Browns, and that was only because of the move.  Who knows, maybe that was the reason?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need to ask this. Look for the most bitter, cynical posters. Not the angry ones. The ones who are kind of numb, and resolved to suck forever. Those are the fans that used to be Oiler fans an

He actually addressed the team before the season and told them the team would be dismantled regardless of what happened because of upcoming free agency and the salary cap.   Entering that se

Houston native. I'm still pissed at Lanier and Adams for letting the team move.

6 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

What I do know is that you can draw a straight line from the decision to let Moon walk and start Carlson in '94 (disastrously) to the Oilers leaving Houston. 

That's easy to say in hindsight. Moon was so old at that point and no one dreamed he'd play that much longer. 

The funny thing is teams offered more for Carlson than they did for Moon. The Vikes were willing to give up a #1 for Carlson. He was only 30 at the time. 

Carlson played well in 92 when Moon was hurt and Moon was actually benched in 93 for poor play

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Carlson played well in 92 when Moon was hurt

An all too common cautionary tale.  For every Steve Young, there are plenty of Cody Carlsons.

16 hours ago, scine09 said:

How much different would the Titans history from 2003 on look if the NFL did the right thing and kept the Colts in their geographical region (it's more north than Cincinnati and closer to Cincinnati than any other NFL city) while keeping the Ravens and Titans in the same division (at the time of realignment their rivalry was one of the NFL's best)?   Also they could have kept 3 teams from the Central in each division.  Cin/Cle/Pit in one and Bal/Jax/Ten in the other.

The Ravens only real rival in 2002 was the Browns, and that was only because of the move.  Who knows, maybe that was the reason?

Agreed. Who would we get? NO, ATL, Jacksonville? Would really blow. 

5 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Agreed. Who would we get? NO, ATL, Jacksonville? Would really blow. 

Where did you get NO or Atl out of my post?

You'd switch the Colts and Ravens.

1 hour ago, BaddKarma said:

Petroleum override and royalty acquisition. 

Hoddammit Touched, hold on to the good stuff till I have a chance to smoke a bowl and get a six pack in. It’s more sad than funny otherwise.

Edited by ManningEnvy

Im pretty sure I remember in the 93 season Adams was pretty blunt when he said that if the fuckers implode one more time he was cleaning house. So it wasn't really a surprise  to see things change the way they did. Im not from Houston though so I guess losing a hometown team wasn't really a thing for me. Them coming to Tennessee brought them closer to me.