AAF (Alliance of American Football) inaugural season starts tonight. Who's watching?

nine

So I just learned the AAF's inaugural season starts tonight.   I knew the new league was coming but haven't followed it at all;  I didn't realize it's already here.    

The ten-week season starts tonight and ends in April.

https://aaf.com/schedule

Some notable rule changes

• No kickoffs.  Offenses start at the 25-yard line.
  • No PAT kicks.   Teams must run or pass for a PAT.
  • No onside kicks.  After a TD, the trailing team has the option of attempting to convert 4th & 12 from their own 28.   
  • Replays will be decided by the booth, not the on-field officials.
  • Defenses can only rush five defenders and can only rush down linemen and linebackers.   No safety or corner blitzes.

I'm not expecting a great product, but I find it intriguing....and I like the idea of having most players assigned regionally based on college or previous NFL experience.   

It seems like they're trying to fill the gap left behind by the demise of NFL Europe....a better and more lucrative development league for players who have talent but weren't quite NFL-ready.    I wish them luck.  

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don’t understand how one person (Jake) can embody the worst traits of a human. 

Posted Images

Just now, CaliTitan3518 said:

It’s been pretty low key. I remember them announcing the starting of the league and that’s about it. 

They kept it low key in order to get the jump on McMahon and the XFL reboot.

Now, they are hoping to make good on the cliche "snooze you lose".

2 hours ago, nine said:

So I just learned the AAF's inaugural season starts tonight.   I knew the new league was coming but haven't followed it at all;  I didn't realize it's already here.    

The ten-week season starts tonight and ends in April.

https://aaf.com/schedule

Some notable rule changes

• No kickoffs.  Offenses start at the 25-yard line.
  • No PAT kicks.   Teams must run or pass for a PAT.
  • No onside kicks.  After a TD, the trailing team has the option of attempting to convert 4th & 12 from their own 28.   
  • Replays will be decided by the booth, not the on-field officials.
  • Defenses can only rush five defenders and can only rush down linemen and linebackers.   No safety or corner blitzes.

I'm not expecting a great product, but I find it intriguing....and I like the idea of having most players assigned regionally based on college or previous NFL experience.   

It seems like they're trying to fill the gap left behind by the demise of NFL Europe....a better and more lucrative development league for players who have talent but weren't quite NFL-ready.    I wish them luck.  

I like some of the rules changes they are piloting and really want them to be implemented in the NFL. 

• No kickoffs. Hell yes. Shorten the game. 
  • No onside kicks. Hell yes. Instead of the game coming down to your kicker it comes down to Brady or Mahomes converting. Awesome. 
  • Replays decided by booth. Hell yes. Speed this shit up. 

12 minutes ago, Bink said:

I like some of the rules changes they are piloting and really want them to be implemented in the NFL. 

• No kickoffs. Hell yes. Shorten the game. 
  • No onside kicks. Hell yes. Instead of the game coming down to your kicker it comes down to Brady or Mahomes converting. Awesome. 
  • Replays decided by booth. Hell yes. Speed this shit up. 

I think i also read somewhere that its gonna have a lot less commercials than regular nfl games