AAF (Alliance of American Football) inaugural season starts tonight. Who's watching?

nine

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don’t understand how one person (Jake) can embody the worst traits of a human. 

Posted Images

On 2/11/2019 at 6:22 AM, Face said:

Sankey is a guy I can't kill Webster for. The dude ran for almost 1800 yards his last year at Washington & had a monster combine. He had the perfect build for a back & had good upside as a receiver. Word was Wiz loved him as well & the RB was a big part of his passing game. Unfortunately Sankey just didn't have the vision, he didn't hit the hole quick enough. 

But not every pick that doesn't work out is a "bad" pick. 

I actually remember being concerned about him after 1-2 preseason games. I know that sounds ridiculous but when he got the ball you could clearly see him hesitating, he just couldn't find the space to run quickly enough & that's a pretty fatal flaw for a back. I remember @oldschoolsaying the same thing early on in his 1st preseason.

I do blame Webster. As much as I tried to be optimistic watching his college tape, he looked ... average. No plays that made you say wow. I'm no scout but it was striking that I was not impressed by anything he did.

I thought it was Chris Johnson sydrome as his college reel was insane ... but it wasn't. The guy was master of none.

26 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I don't understand how these leagues get off the ground knowing the struggles they'll experience in the early years and then act surprised when they don't make money and have to fold.  Do they not account for some major expenses or something?  

From what I gather the investor (Dundon?) that came on board pledged something like $250 million which would've been more than enough to complete the season but has only actually invested $70 million to this date. Making that huge pledge also came with some strings attached as it gave him way too much decision-making power. It seems that he's unilaterally closing the league against the founders' (Ebersol/Polian) wishes as to not sink more money into it.