Mariota, Conklin unknown, Kelly + Fluellen out, Lewan Starting. Update 9/21

kyle021

35 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I wish he didn't command such a high price tag so that we could've kept him. Him next to Evans for the next decade would've been awesome. Oh well. 

Again, you wouldn’t be able to have Williamson next to Evans. That would be a huge coverage liability and Williamson/Evans play the same position. 

Unlike Woodyard or Jayon Brown who play the other side. 

Ideally, you have a player like Moseley or Evans or Williamson or McKinney or Hightower playing one side.

Then you you have a player like Telvin Smith or Darius Leonard or Deone Buchannon or Woodyard playing the other side. 

Are people starting to get the idea with 3-4 ILBs yet?

It’s been a few years now! 

?

Edited by tgo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is a 24yr old Heisman winning world class athlete with access to an NFL training facility, NFL trainers and the best private personal trainers.   I'm a 47yr old mailman who works 50-

There seems to be a growing sentiment for “anyone but Mariota”, with people assuming that surely any qualified QB candidate would be an upgrade.   I would remind everyone that the Titans had

This is the truth right here & something I meant to mention before. Somehow now I feel like the crazy Mariota defender but I've been much more critical of him in the past then most. I tore into hi

The Mike linebacker in the 3-4 requires a similar skillset to the middle linebacker in a 4-3 or, in the case of the Belichick/Vrabel/Pees/Bowles/Crennel defense, can be a lengthy guy like a Bernardrick McKinney, Hightower, Evans - which fits the skillset similar fo a 4-3 strongside linebacker. Either way, they need to be a big, stout linebacker that can thump, shed blocks, and can take on guards coming across their face. 

But the Will linebacker(Woodyard) needs to be an athletic, rangy player with more coverage ability, similar to the weakside linebacker position in a 4-3.

This is an oversimplification in a sense, but we get the idea. 

Right?

Right?!?!

Right?!?!?!?!

Edited by tgo

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

Again, you wouldn’t be able to have Williamson next to Evans. That would be a huge coverage liability and Williamson/Evans play the same position. 

Unlike Woodyard or Jayon Brown who play the other side. 

Ideally, you have a player like Moseley or Evans or Williamson or McKinney or Hightower playing one side.

Then you you have a player like Telvin Smith or Darius Leonard or Deone Buchannon or Woodyard playing the other side. 

Are people starting to get the idea with 3-4 ILBs yet?

It’s been a few years now! 

?

Yeah, I get it. I believe Evans would be good enough in coverage to prevent a coverage liability. Thanks for the infomercial though.

I’d love to have Williamson instead of Compton. I realize the expense makes that unrealistic. 

He just isn’t a good player. Williamson is limited but a better talent. 

Compton seems like a good glue guy though. A smart hard worker that’s good to have in the room. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Yeah, I get it. I believe Evans would be good enough in coverage to prevent a coverage liability. Thanks for the infomercial though.

There’s no way Evans should be playing the Will position imo. He’s not that kind of linebacker from what I’ve seen. 

10 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Do you really see much of that going on here? I don't. 

About 20, maybe 30% of this board is legit conversation.

I have no problem having actual discussions with OF and others in the other sports forum. And we always have a difference of opinion.

So maybe I'm not the only or main problem.

I say Mariota is sucking, ppl cry. Then I provide facts and stats as to why he is sucking, they start throwing out insults like little school boys.

Ppl say Byard is top 5 after 6 weeks of play (much like Mariota being great after his 6 week period of great play) and I simply say Byard isn't top 5, yet. Ppl throw a bitch fit. Followed by more insults. 

When ppl respond to me, they aren't looking for conversation, so why should I focus on that?

You think I'm trolling, I say I'm simply saying what some are afriad to admit to. They can't handle it, they start the BS, and I don't back off. But Im the bad guy because ppl want to start some fake BS like me not being a real fan because that's the only way they can continue to pretend I'm wrong about what I say.

? Come on Trumper, you don’t know shit about facts. 

17 hours ago, Titans279 said:

This is Gabbert’s breakout game I’m calling it

I'm pretty sure Gabbert wants this to be his breakout game just so he can say he stuck it to the team that stuck it to him.

But just like last week, just how "in it" the Titans are at the end of the game will be all about how well the Titans defense played. Even if Mariota plays it's going to be tough to get things going against their defense. Hopefully ours is improved enough to make the Jaguars offense ineffectual. It's still Blake Bortles we're going up against. Take away their ground game and I bet he starts looking like himself again.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:21 PM, Mythos27 said:

Finally, my problem isn't with criticizing Mariota, it's with the pleasure that some "fans" like you take in doing so because you've held an unpopular opinion and are giddy to be proven right just so you can stick it to the "homers" who refuse to agree with you.

I think a huge group of people had literally convinced themselves that Mariota was completely blameless and his bad play was 100% on Mularkey. They actually thought with this new system he would be hitting wide open WRs in this imaginary scheme. They were waiting to attack me and put me in my place like they've hoped to do so many times in the past only to fail. They wanted to tell me "I told you so" so badly they couldn't hardly wait. 

Then they saw Mariota in PSG#3 and that first half against Miami and it plain as day... uh oh. Reality reached back and slapped them right across their face. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting there watching the games rooting for Mariota to succeed more than anyone, hoping like hell I wasn't exactly right(again), sadly I was right on with my unbiased and fair opinions. Then all of the sudden all these people start just crying about the board and can't take it. 

BTW, Mythos, you were also wrong on Henry. If he doesn't start playing better they might need to go with Lewis and Flueallen!

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think a huge group of people had literally convinced themselves that Mariota was completely blameless and his bad play was 100% on Mularkey. They actually thought with this new system he would be hitting wide open WRs in this imaginary scheme. They were waiting to attack me and put me in my place like they've hoped to do so many times in the past only to fail. They wanted to tell me "I told you so" so badly they couldn't hardly wait. 

Then they saw Mariota in PSG#3 and that first half against Miami and it plain as day... uh oh. Reality reached back and slapped them right across their face. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting there watching the games rooting for Mariota to succeed more than anyone, hoping like hell I wasn't exactly right(again), sadly I was right on with my unbiased and fair opinions. Then all of the sudden all these people start just crying about the board and can't take it. 

BTW, Mythos, you were also wrong on Henry. If he doesn't start playing better they might need to go with Lewis and Flueallen!

Please stop, only the newbies are buying this stuff.