Mariota, Conklin unknown, Kelly + Fluellen out, Lewan Starting. Update 9/21

kyle021

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think a huge group of people had literally convinced themselves that Mariota was completely blameless and his bad play was 100% on Mularkey. They actually thought with this new system he would be hitting wide open WRs in this imaginary scheme. They were waiting to attack me and put me in my place like they've hoped to do so many times in the past only to fail. They wanted to tell me "I told you so" so badly they couldn't hardly wait. 

Then they saw Mariota in PSG#3 and that first half against Miami and it plain as day... uh oh. Reality reached back and slapped them right across their face. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting there watching the games rooting for Mariota to succeed more than anyone, hoping like hell I wasn't exactly right(again), sadly I was right on with my unbiased and fair opinions. Then all of the sudden all these people start just crying about the board and can't take it. 

BTW, Mythos, you were also wrong on Henry. If he doesn't start playing better they might need to go with Lewis and Flueallen!

You sound more and more like Trump every day.  Delusional “leader” of a message board that has gone to shit.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is a 24yr old Heisman winning world class athlete with access to an NFL training facility, NFL trainers and the best private personal trainers.   I'm a 47yr old mailman who works 50-

There seems to be a growing sentiment for “anyone but Mariota”, with people assuming that surely any qualified QB candidate would be an upgrade.   I would remind everyone that the Titans had

This is the truth right here & something I meant to mention before. Somehow now I feel like the crazy Mariota defender but I've been much more critical of him in the past then most. I tore into hi

Mariota’s performance has been very up and down. I doubt anyone disputes that. Interceptions and bad throws seem like incomprehensible slips of the mind most of the time. Or certainly in the beginning, which seems like a reasonable thing given how much early success he had. No need to post the list again. The first two seasons especially, they appeared seemingly out of nowhere when he was on a streak. He got grittier last year. Not as successful by metric standards at all, and greater spans of uneven and bad play, 

But he showed more Baby Steve to me last year than VY ever did when and where it counted. As well though, there’s apparently a little Jake Locker in his game as well. The question is, how well does he comeback from how long he’s been away, and what’s the measure of the value of the balance over the long stretch? He’s no Sam Bradford — I’m sure most would agree with that. And so, three years and two games in to his fourth, Mariota is, in a Larry David (not Sanders) kind of tone, Ehhhh, pretty pretty pretty pretty good — when he’s playing, overall.

Comparatively, in the ten year gap that divides the era of the McNair Titans era and the start of the Mariota-led Titans until now, we’re also still talking about the veritable difference between a coach in Fisher who cooked McNair on slow like a pit master, for a while, who placed in the top 5 a few times at the county fair, versus Mariota, who’s been cooked at varying temperatures by three different chefs with different kitchen environments, and we still don’t know how the meat will turn out. 

Maybe it’s a great cut to begin with and we can’t fuck it up. Maybe it’s going in the trash.

I’m not worried one way or the other yet.

This offensive system, from every QB who’s played in it, to every coach who has coached it, Orlovsky most notably and recently, has said it takes a while for a QB to get and internalize and absorb and perform, but ultimately it’s liberating. We saw Marcus last year take over games by adjusting plays at the line and taking over the calling duty for stretches. That’s gone now. And that’s what most of you are waiting to return, I feel, as well as a gross subtraction of fuck ups and who’s to blames from Marcus himself and the other offensive players, to lesser degrees of game impactfulness. 

I am too. But it’s real early. A lot of you guys would probably benefit if you could mentally reset the whole team to Year One like you did with Whisenhunt before and Vrabel now. We knew Mularkey was a stop-gap. Personally, I’m not going to cry should Marcus have to miss the whole season. I get about eight and a half months of Kyle making 2019 mock drafts and an almost equal number of promises related to players and mocks in general. 

Plus a lot of tits around here will calm and just shut the fuck DOWN. 

Edited by GLinks
A classic Larry kerfuffle

1 hour ago, GLinks said:

Mariota’s performance has been very up and down. I doubt anyone disputes that. Interceptions and bad throws seem like incomprehensible slips of the mind most of the time. Or certainly in the beginning, which seems like a reasonable thing given how much early success he had. No need to post the list again. The first two seasons especially, they appeared seemingly out of nowhere when he was on a streak. He got grittier last year. Not as successful by metric standards at all, and greater spans of uneven and bad play, 

But he showed more Baby Steve to me last year than VY ever did when and where it counted. As well though, there’s apparently a little Jake Locker in his game as well. The question is, how well does he comeback from how long he’s been away, and what’s the measure of the value of the balance over the long stretch? He’s no Sam Bradford — I’m sure most would agree with that. And so, three years and two games in to his fourth, Mariota is, in a Larry Sanders kind of tone, Ehhhh, pretty pretty pretty pretty good — when he’s playing, overall.

Comparatively, in the ten year gap that divides the era of the McNair Titans era and the start of the Mariota-led Titans until now, we’re also still talking about the veritable difference between a coach in Fisher who cooked McNair on slow like a pit master, for a while, who placed in the top 5 a few times at the county fair, versus Mariota, who’s been cooked at varying temperatures by three different chefs with different kitchen environments, and we still don’t know how the meat will turn out. 

Maybe it’s a great cut to begin with and we can’t fuck it up. Maybe it’s going in the trash.

I’m not worried one way or the other yet.

This offensive system, from every QB who’s played in it, to every coach who has coached it, Orlovsky most notably and recently, has said it takes a while for a QB to get and internalize and absorb and perform, but ultimately it’s liberating. We saw Marcus last year take over games by adjusting plays at the line and taking over the calling duty for stretches. That’s gone now. And that’s what most of you are waiting to return, I feel, as well as a gross subtraction of fuck ups and who’s to blames from Marcus himself and the other offensive players, to lesser degrees of game impactfulness. 

I am too. But it’s real early. A lot of you guys would probably benefit if you could mentally reset the whole team to Year One like you did with Whisenhunt before and Vrabel now. We knew Mularkey was a stop-gap. Personally, I’m not going to cry should Marcus have to miss the whole season. I get about eight and a half months of Kyle making 2019 mock drafts and an almost equal number of promises related to players and mocks in general. 

Plus a lot of tits around here will calm and just shut the fuck DOWN. 

Larry David?

I had Sanders on my brain because I watched the first episode of Norm McDonald Has A Show on Netflix, and David Spade was talking about the Larry Sanders show with Gary Shandling as his first TV acting gig outside of SNL (though they wanted Adam Sandler and Spade was the 2nd choice).

On 9/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, OILERMAN said:

I think a huge group of people had literally convinced themselves that Mariota was completely blameless and his bad play was 100% on Mularkey. They actually thought with this new system he would be hitting wide open WRs in this imaginary scheme. They were waiting to attack me and put me in my place like they've hoped to do so many times in the past only to fail. They wanted to tell me "I told you so" so badly they couldn't hardly wait. 

Then they saw Mariota in PSG#3 and that first half against Miami and it plain as day... uh oh. Reality reached back and slapped them right across their face. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting there watching the games rooting for Mariota to succeed more than anyone, hoping like hell I wasn't exactly right(again), sadly I was right on with my unbiased and fair opinions. Then all of the sudden all these people start just crying about the board and can't take it. 

BTW, Mythos, you were also wrong on Henry. If he doesn't start playing better they might need to go with Lewis and Flueallen!

Interesting that you're on here touting Lewis who has been outplayed by Henry for 2 games now. You were so all in on building Lewis up to make Henry look bad that you went overboard and anointed him as the next great RB despite him having little track record to speak of. Now, the all-purpose monster is averaging 3.7 ypc over 3 games which is bouyed by his one good game. His last two games were 2.9 and 3.0 ypc respectively. While you were talking about how amazing Lewis was and how he was going to change everything, all I've ever said about Henry is that he is a good, potentially very good back with the potential to be a bell cow. Listening to you tell it, Lewis has already arrived. But yeah, you've reeeally put me in my place lol. Oh and btw how do Mariota's pineapples taste?

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Interesting that you're on here touting Lewis who has been outplayed by Henry for 2 games now. You were so all in on building Lewis up to make Henry look bad that you went overboard and anointed him as the next great RB despite him having little track record to speak of. Now, the all-purpose monster is averaging 3.7 ypc over 3 games which is bouyed by his one good game. His last two games were 2.9 and 3.0 ypc respectively. While you were talking about how amazing Lewis was and how he was going to change everything, all I've ever said about Henry is that he is a good, potentially very good back with the potential to be a bell cow. Listening to you tell it, Lewis has already arrived. But yeah, you've reeeally put me in my place lol. Oh and btw how do Mariota's pineapples taste?

Thank you, thought I was the only one that picked up on this.

See, it's dumb statements like that one @OILERMAN that get you behind the 8-Ball.  He hasn't been terrible.  He's been mediocre, yes, but not terrible.

He's not a bell cow and I doubt he ever will be.

For as big as he is he lacks something.  We need someone to turn him into a bully.  We need him pissed off and ready to hurt people every snap.

But until then it's far more likely that he'll be average, but not terrible.

42 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Henry has been terrible, it's not even worth arguing about. 

Wrong, the run blocking has been spotty at best. He is getting about as much as he can out there, he has taking some big hits before even get to the line of scrimmage and manages to fall forward nearly every time. I have no idea what your watching out there.

5 hours ago, nine said:

"Henry has been terrible."

Someone points out that Henry and Lewis have near-identical numbers.

"Never mind Lewis.  Henry has been terrible."

Anyone who is watching can see Henry is terrible and Lewis isn't. Die on this mountain if you choose. Henry is the featured RB right now. Going back to when he became the starter his production is pitiful minus the KC game.