Episode 156 - Titans Roller Coaster Season Ends With A Coaching Change

Jonboy

I think most of us fear MM8 is a bust and we are hoping we are wrong.  

Ive seen good (a lot better than Locker) and I’ve seen bad (imaginary pressure) drifting to his right for no good reason.  That being said you have to can the coach because outside of BB coaches are a dime a dozen and QB’s aren’t.

i like MM8 but going through another coach doesn’t fly.  Either he gets it or he doesn’t.  Getting hurt or injured doesn’t fly either 4/4 hurt means you are Sam Bradford.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm assigning blame, I think the passing game was maybe 20% Mariota and 80% Mularkey. Really hard to listen to @OILERMAN blame Mariota for the offensive production.   I could go through a

Romo said "throw the ball" on a play where you have an alert to a one on one matchup on a vertical route. You know - those plays that the Titans have had zero success doing. Who knows how he was being

lol Jamal on DLB "he has a year to year contract with death"   great 1.5hr podcast to wrap up an interesting season.   thanks to each of you for putting this out each week during t

Posted Images

Listened to the rest of the podcast. Audio is getting to the point of very good, Oilerman was real good, Jonboy and Jamal cut out a few times but not a lot.

My main issue with the offense last year was not the scheme but the passing game. Robiskie was borderline great with the passing game in Atlanta, I just don't understand the lack of execution between Mariota and the wide receivers. Sure we had the injury and the off season, but these are no where near an excuse for the choppiness of the execution. It actually was either the same or worse in the last half of the season the the first half and was way worse than last year. If we don't fix that with the new coach, it really doesn't matter what offensive scheme he installs.

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

Listened to the rest of the podcast. Audio is getting to the point of very good, Oilerman was real good, Jonboy and Jamal cut out a few times but not a lot.

My main issue with the offense last year was not the scheme but the passing game. Robiskie was borderline great with the passing game in Atlanta, I just don't understand the lack of execution between Mariota and the wide receivers. Sure we had the injury and the off season, but these are no where near an excuse for the choppiness of the execution. It actually was either the same or worse in the last half of the season the the first half and was way worse than last year. If we don't fix that with the new coach, it really doesn't matter what offensive scheme he installs.

Robiskie wasn't OC for Atlanta. He was their WRs coach.

25 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Robiskie wasn't OC for Atlanta. He was their WRs coach. The 

yup, only talking about the passing game, wrs running the right routes, execution between the qb and the wrs, not scheme, execution. Atlanta had a crisp passing game when he was there as WR coach, why did we not have it here with him as OC? Night and day.

Once our opponents went to NFL Films to get footage from the 60's of our offense it was pretty easy to defend. Problem is we had better talent than we did the year before so we won just as often despite the offense. 

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

DJ and Bucky Brooks are really hard on Mariota too and they are pretty popular analysts. 

Bucky Brooks is a total retard and he's said Mariora needs to be used like he was in Oregon or like the Texans use Watson. DJ has just stated when Mariota has played poorly, I wouldn't say he was hard on him. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Bucky Brooks is a total retard and he's said Mariora needs to be used like he was in Oregon or like the Texans use Watson. DJ has just stated when Mariota has played poorly, I wouldn't say he was hard on him. 

We've talked about this before. I can't figure out why people listen to Brooks. Not only are his conclusions flat out whacky, they are based on inaccurate information. Its almost like he's a fan who doesn't have anyone critique his work. Might as well come from bleacherreport.

8 hours ago, oldschool said:

We've talked about this before. I can't figure out why people listen to Brooks. Not only are his conclusions flat out whacky, they are based on inaccurate information. Its almost like he's a fan who doesn't have anyone critique his work. Might as well come from bleacherreport.

I think Brooks only has respect for defense. You ever seen a Brooks mock draft? All defense. He doesn't see as much value in young offensive players because the projection tends to be harder overall.

Defense gives you a lot more "what you see is what you get" when it comes to year-to-year progress. 

Edited by big2033