Jonboy

Episode 156 - Titans Roller Coaster Season Ends With A Coaching Change

49 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Succop is totally overrated.

He finished 16/20 on kicks 40-49 yards which is pretty bad. He only made 93.9% of his XPs which is also bad. He made 2/5 kicks >50 yards which is bad too.

He's not good past 50, to the point they often don't even try, and he had a pretty bad stretch on 40+ this year. He only hit 83% of kicks overall. It was a down year compared to what we've come to expect and it just makes me nervous. If nothing else, I don't think most people are aware of it.

Soxcat   
48 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Succop is totally overrated.

He finished 16/20 on kicks 40-49 yards which is pretty bad. He only made 93.9% of his XPs which is also bad. He made 2/5 kicks >50 yards which is bad too.

Brilliant.  Guy sets the all time NFL record for kicks in a row of 50 or less and then has 4 misses and is overrated. 

Soxcat   
3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

He's not good past 50, to the point they often don't even try, and he had a pretty bad stretch on 40+ this year. He only hit 83% of kicks overall. It was a down year compared to what we've come to expect and it just makes me nervous. If nothing else, I don't think most people are aware of it.

Hard to figure isn't it.  Guy doesn't miss a kick of less than 50 yards starting all the way back in 2014 and he misses a few and SHIT.  People don't realize this guy might have been only average this year.  Crap, if he can't be close to 100% from inside the 50 he needs to go. 

Actually he was 21st overall in FG%, 20th in FG of 40-49 but 100% on FGS 39 and under. 

Or it could just be he misses a few he normally doesn't miss and just had an off year. 

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Brilliant.  Guy sets the all time NFL record for kicks in a row of 50 or less and then has 4 misses and is overrated. 

You are proving my point. He is not actually one of the best kickers of all time despite holding that record. 

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Crap, if he can't be close to 100% from inside the 50 he needs to go. 

If he only hits 80% of kicks from 40-49 and 40% from 50 and up... both of which are his conversion rates this year... then it's absolutely an upgrade opportunity.

If he can hit a better percent in the 40's... as he did for a few years... then he's fine.

Q: Which is he going to do?

A: We don't know.

The reality is that his previous years were great and it extended long enough that the record was set this year. But this year, by itself, was not good.

Predicting the future is hard, but most people aren't even cognizant of the present ... so I brought it up. He's a question mark. Hopefully that question gets answered in a positive way, but a bad answer is possible.

Soxcat   
1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

You are proving my point. He is not actually one of the best kickers of all time despite holding that record. 

What?  The guys went from some time in 2014 until mid this year without missing a damn kick under 50 yards.  And who cares if some 5 year olds believe he is the all time best or not.  I haven't heard or read anyone calling him HOF material.  But he is damn good if he was able to accomplish what he did and OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to kick into his 60s until he finally missed a few. 

Soxcat   
12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Predicting the future is hard, but most people aren't even cognizant of the present so I brought it up. He's a question mark. Hopefully that question gets answered in a positive way, but a bad answer is possible.

If a fan watches Titan's games how could you notw be aware that our kicker wasn't having a great year?

Yes, he missed some kicks he normally makes (<50) and he has never been super sharp over 50.

Still, the guy misses a few and ..... hey, the streak is over, the guy sucks, better start looking for the next guy........

Since this is the NFL he will have competition in camp and he could lose his job if he doesn't do well in the pre-season.

The problem is it is hard to predict the future.  So he could look good early and then miss some kicks at critical spots during the season.

At which time the pin heads will be saying, "I told you so, saw this at the end of last year".  "Told you the guy was overrated"  "those 50 something kicks in a row..... all smoke and mirrors".  "Guy was never any good". 

Soxcat   

Oh, kicking is like playing golf.  That is why you see guys names on the leader boards one week and they don't even make the cut the next. 

Edited by Soxcat

titansfb   
23 minutes ago, Cam. said:

When Oman said "I think Mariota is to blame for some of those sacks"... Crickets.. 

iFYeSMi.gif

Not listening to Jamal and Oman.  Damn, you a beast with the gifs. 

Tnasty   

Interesting point you all had about Mularkeys silence since being fired. Tells me two things:

It was a bad breakup.

Mularkey is acting like a baby.

He did some good things, he's not a wusenhunt but his behavior in front of the media the past few weeks has been showing his true colors. Good riddance.