2014 Titans will have new coaching staff and will be looking to draft a QB

N/A

1  to 2 wins in division  (Texans sweep, COlts sweep, Jaguars push)

3-4 wins non-division  (Seattle, Denver and 49ers are likely guaranteed losses, Rams and Steelers likely losses. Chargers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Raiders and Jets are likely a push of 2-3 or 3-2.)

6 wins is best case scenario unless Jake Locker takes off (what signs of that happening.) 

So if only 4 - 6 wins, it seems very likely that the team goes with a whole new coaching staff, and if Locker has shown little, I would think any serious head coach candidate would want a new QB.

Thoughts on 4 to 6 wins being ceiling and if that few wins would lead to a guaranteed coaching staff change?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dang. These threads even before the draft?

19-0, baby!

If the Colts made the playoffs last year after the year they had before, there's no sense in these threads existing here until games are actually being lost.

1  to 2 wins in division  (Texans sweep, COlts sweep, Jaguars push)

3-4 wins non-division  (Seattle, Denver and 49ers are likely guaranteed losses, Rams and Steelers likely losses. Chargers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Raiders and Jets are likely a push of 2-3 or 3-2.)

6 wins is best case scenario unless Jake Locker takes off (what signs of that happening.) 

So if only 4 - 6 wins, it seems very likely that the team goes with a whole new coaching staff, and if Locker has shown little, I would think any serious head coach candidate would want a new QB.

Thoughts on 4 to 6 wins being ceiling and if that few wins would lead to a guaranteed coaching staff change?

I have been brewing a big batch of Kool-Aid for everybody.  I would appreciate you not pissing in it. :angry:

I tend to agree with you 9s. This is probably going to be another tough year.

If we get swept by the Texans AND the Colts, it's over right there. It's very hard to be confident about this team with our QB showing as little as he has so far. It would be one thing if he flashed big-time ability....but he really hasn't to this point. We have improved in a few other areas, particularly O-line, but if you don't have a QB, you won't win many games.

Edited by kgsTitan

I'm thinking 7-9 or 8-8 also Kyle..and mostly competitive in the losses ..

That's my prediction before the draft...

If we can grab one more solid interior OL... An outside CB, and another DE we will be golden to make a push for 10 wins this year... I don't think some of these posters realize how good we just got with the free agency we just had... Most don't understand just how much Walker, Levitre, Turner, and Greene are going to help our run game out...

A lot of people don't even know who Sammie Hill is, but he is one of the better young DT's in the league... If it weren't for Fairley, and Suh in Detroit this guy would hands down be a starter... Hell if they didn't have either Suh, or Fairley this guy would of been tagged... He is a great talent

Wilson gives us a SS who can actually play his damn role which allows Griffin to play his... Griffin has been stuck covering his own ground while trying to pick up the other Safeties slack... Now that there is a qualified Safety back there Griffin is free to do his job solely...

Desmond Trufant is this years Stephen Gilmore... He is a real option at #10

If the draft would shake out something along these lines...

1) Desmond Trufant - CB

2) Alex Okafur - DE

3) Justin Hunter - WR

3) Brian Schwenke - OG/OC

4) Shawn Williams - SS

we will be damn good

Trufant will step in day 1 to be our starting outside CB, with Verner moving into the nickel, Okafur will play in base sets allowing Wimbley to come in on passing downs ( Even though Okafur is a damn good pass rusher himself ) Justin Hunter can take over for Nate, Schwenke can play either Center or Guard which allows Velasco to play his most natural position, or the one the staff see's a better fit for him at

We made some major upgrades... This line will give Locker the time he needs in the pocket, and the addition of Levitre also helps prevent the pocket from collapsing on Locker... What also helps Lock tremendously is the addition of a run game which he HAS NOT had...

We are going to be just fine...

Oh yeah, and don't forget we added Greg Williams to our coaching staff...

We are nowhere near as bad as the Jags, Jets, Bills, Raiders, Lions, Eagles, Cardinals, etc...

And with the power houses such as Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and San Diego getting older than they already were, and losing key players that have made them who they were... It makes it that much easier for us to compete this year...

People see SF, and Seattle on the schedule and freak out and assume we are going nowhere this year... Those are NFC teams... We just have to win our division which is anyones for the taking... Houston is a damn good team, but they suffered some set backs this year as well

Edited by Kyle021