Super Bowl LI Game Thread

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's easy to hope to see Brady fail, because everyone has a bit of a hater gene in them.   But in reality, we've watched the GOAT of the game just come back and win a Super Bowl that that team ha

BTW, I hope Mohamed Sanu wins MVP Go Muslims!

Greatest of all time. Period. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I really wish NFLN would fire Sanders. He's harping on the overtime rule and said whichever team won the coin toss would go down and win since it was that kind of game. Maybe he should look at the boxscore. It would show 3 offensive TDs the last being midway through the 3rd qtr and a terrible 3rd down percentage for the Falcons.

I just turned it on there and he's being unbearable. he sure is defensive about nothing

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I really wish NFLN would fire Sanders. He's harping on the overtime rule and said whichever team won the coin toss would go down and win since it was that kind of game. Maybe he should look at the boxscore. It would show 3 offensive TDs the last being midway through the 3rd qtr and a terrible 3rd down percentage for the Falcons.

The Pats scored 31 unanswered points. 

STFU Sanders. 

53 minutes ago, Number9 said:

He vanished in the fourth qtr.  His pocket presence in nonexistent.  They keep saying he's underrated, then he shows up in a big game to show he's overrated.

He's worst kind of good QB and Sucks at improvising when the play breaks down.

I didn't understand why they went away from running with Freeman, but I haven't looked at the stats. It seemed they threw quite a bit. 

Every time I saw Freeman with the ball he was getting chunks of yards. 

(This is me going off what I saw here and there while coolin with the homies)

I told you guys the game wasn't over.  The freakin Titans nearly blew a 20 point lead to Matt Barkley and the Chicago Bears with 7 minutes or so left in that game.  And there's obviously no comparison between Chicago's offense and New England's offense.  While Tennessee's defense is comparable to Atlanta's.

When you're facing a team with a great offense and/or the defense is suspect these kinds of comebacks are always possible.

I didn't go through the thread but Dan Quinn's late game coaching was fireable.  This isn't the first time this year he did this, he also botched the end of the Seattle game back in week 6.  His usage of timeouts was atrocious.  The challenge cost them what could have been a valuable timeout on the final drive. The clock management with the Falcons snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the playclock trying to protect a 16 point 4th quarter lead was a joke.  The entire thing was awful.  Credit to New England for the comeback but you don't come back from 25 down with 17 minutes remaining in a football game without major blunders on the other side.

Matt Ryan can't take the sacks that he took.  You don't go in shotgun on 3rd and 1 when you're been running it down the opponent's throats all game.  Even if you want to throw give some sort of threat of the run.  You have to be more disciplined if you're Jake Matthews whose 2 holding penalties ultimately was probably the biggest reason for the collapse.  

This was about 10 times worse than Seattle 2 years ago.  At least with Seattle it was back and forth all game and it took a great catch to even get them into position for the blunder at the end.  The entire Atlanta team, from coach to quarterback to franchise left tackle deserves bigtime blame in this disaster.

How about Fox microphones catching (and broadcasting)  the words "fuck" and "motherfucker" literally DOZENS of times as Willie McGinest marched the trophy through the Patriots' entire team on the way to the podium?   Hell, at least a couple of the aforementioned niceties were uttered by McGinest himself.  My wife and I were absolutely laughing our asses off.   

Fox ran a five-second delay during the music performances to guard against any unseemly or undesirable language from the artists....yet they decide to put live microphones in real time in the midst of dozens of young men during one of the most exciting and emotionally charged moments of their lives.   What could possibly go wrong?  

Friggin' hilarious.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic