Mett show continues...in SD

Ricky

SD has more to worry about than their 3rd-4th string QB struggling.

Hell, they can't even get their #1 pick signed,...  And he's holding out of OTAs etc:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jun/14/chargers-joey-bosa-holdout-contract/

He's holding out for a fully guaranteed rookie contract and isn't participating because he's not under contract yet, so he doesn't have to.

Mariota may have wanted no offset language, but he was a full participant even without a contract.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd hate to be on that Chargers message board when BK comes a callin'! #poorbastards!

Oh dear god ... this is 100% the same thinking that led many to believe we wouldn't draft Mariota. Scine: "Hey you don't like ice cream do you ..." Whiz: "no I like it ..." Scine: "no y

Mett update: Lowlight: Anybody banking on Zach Mettenberger to overtake Kellen Clemens for the position of Guy Who No Chargers Fan Ever Wants to See on the Field should go ahead and close their a

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I don't. I just meant shitty players they don't like though. We see alot of Fisher bashing,  a lot of Mett bashing, seen VY bashing. Ppl still talking shit on Locker and he don't even play anymore.

I don't remember people talking this much about Bulluck, good or bad, once he went to NYG. Don't remember a lot of talk, good or bad, about McNair or Rolle when they left for Bmore.

Ppl just love to shit on the guys who they already know are bad. Move on....

It happens everywhere.  Trust me.

1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

Serious question. Do you go read other fan message boards? I'd be really surprised if other fanbases didn't do the same thing. It's human nature. A guy leaves our team, and so you check to see how he's doing with his new team. If he screwed up here, you hope he doesn't suddenly light it up there.

In fact, every time we get a new player from another team, someone tends to post a thread from that team's MB discussing that player and how they will or won't succeed with us. So it definitely happens everywhere.

It definitely happens everywhere. I go on other MB from time to time and see the same thing.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Sure it does but do we need to be like them? 

I was a Mett supporter but once Mariota was named the starter,  to me, Mett was never a topic or thought until he took over for a injured Mariota.

A lot of us are excited and optimistic about the future, as we should be. So I respectfully ask, let's keep on with the present and future Titans and let this Mett shit rot in SD. As well as any other ex Titan who is no longer here.

I'm all for praising and showing support for guys who actually did well for us and moved on, but the ones who sucked just need to be forgotten.

It's human nature.

I almost never root for a guy that leaves the Titans to do well elsewhere.  Steve McNair may have been the lone exception.

Meh. This is pretty common across fanbases unless the guy is one of those "lovable loser" types like CBJ who no one really says a bad word about. Fair or not, Mett was hated here so it kind of goes with the territory. I personally usually hope guys do better once they leave here as long as it's not against us. Some guys are just miscast or the situation isn't right. For example, Mike Martin was drafted to be a 4-3 DT and his body doesn't really allow him to do much else so when we switched to a 3-4 he was kind of shit out of luck. I hope to see him land somewhere he can resurrect his career. I hoped Colin McCarthy could finally kick the injury bug. And so on. I like football and want to see good football played. The more good players we have, the better, more interesting football I get to watch.

2 hours ago, japan said:

Mett did end up in the nicest place in the continental US. So he has that going for him. 

Every time in rains in San Diego, they have to close the beaches for days because raw sewage from Tijuana washes up.

San Diego is overrated IMO. It like an overpriced version of Panama City. 

I much prefer Northern California.

I'm interested in what players do after they leave here. It is pretty much a legitimate indicator on how our staff and FO is doing on personnel decisions except for the occasional player who didn't fit our offensive or defensive scheme. I see no harm in following players who go to other teams. There are players who I hope succeed and players who I hope fall on their faces. I hated Mason for going to the Ratbirds and coming back and stomping on the Titans logo in the center of the field and spiking the ball on the Titans logo in the endzone after a TD. I didn't blame him for going to Balt. He wanted to stay here but disrespecting the fans is another thing. IMHO, Mett did nothing here to earn the respect or disdain of the fans so I could careless what happens in SD.