Pulse of the Fanbase?

Mercalius

How do you feel about the Titans?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Titans?

• We're trending up! I'm stoked.
    • Cautiously optimistic, but I feel better now than I did a few months back.
    • Too early to say. Let's see what happens further into the year.
    • Meh. Offseason hype = meaningless. We were 2-14 last year, so I'm not expecting much.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trust me when I say this, and I truly hope it hurts your feelings, your opinion means precisely shit to me.  This was probably the first and pretty damn sure the last time I address your dumb ass.  Pl

With the end of mini-camps today, we're going into a relatively dry spell for football discussion.  There really won't be much to talk about for the next few weeks, outside of maybe some contract sign

PK just said Mariota looked like clearly the best QB out there by a wide margin. He said of course there's not hitting and they aren't in pads but that this is exactly what you like to hear. 

Posted Images

Comments like Whitehurst's definitely don't help keep expectations in check:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13107319/tennessee-titans-give-marcus-mariota-strong-reviews-minicamp

"It's kind of funny, the way I look at it is, the offseason is over and, I don't mean this in the wrong way, I didn't see tons of progress," Whitehurst said. "It's just like he came in here and he looked like he'd been doing it for a couple years already.

"There was never anything that I saw where it was like, 'Well that needs to be worked on.' He was pretty damn good at everything when he got here, and he's better now. I don't want to get ahead of it, who knows what's going to happen. I think he's going to be a heck of a player."

Whitehurst had no specific advice to offer Mariota as he heads into time off until the Titans report to camp on July 30.

"If I was going to say, 'Hey, here's one thing that you need to work on when you go home,' not that it's my job, I'm not sure that I could think of one thing. Just keep going, keep doing what you're doing. And I certainly like what I see."

Regarding the Delanie Walker comments from above:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansinsider/2015/06/18/titans-delanie-walker-49ers/28930539/

"I say we go (at least) .500,'' Walker said. "I don't want to make Super Bowl predictions, but we should be a great team."  "It is early. I sense that we have some playmakers here,'' Walker said. "But time will tell how good we should be. I think the make-up of the team has changed. We have a lot of guys in different rooms that can take someone's spot that was here before. So I think the make-up has changed and I think guys realize ownership and coaches are not playing any more."

It's hard not to trend upward after a 2-14 season.  Unfortunately, trending upward also means getting back to where we were prior to last year, which isn't particularly comforting, yet that is what we are hoping for.  We assume at some point, the team will be a competitor again.   All the preseason stuff is the same each year.   Nothing will matter until game time, although the preseason games can get you excited and something to talk about.  

I think it's going to come down to Whisenhunt and if he's worth a shit or not.  That's not an option, but to me that's what it will all boil down to.  

My pulse is almost 0 due to puff piece overload.  I need resuscitation.  Training camp in a few months will help.  In the meantime, I guess maybe a visit to the local doctor nudie bar will provide a temporary cure.

I think the team is finally set to move up after spending the last four years basically hopeless. Mariota has breathed new life into what was a very stagnant team and given them hope for the future that things will change. I think those running the team,media and even the fanbase feel like Mariota is a winner.

Back in 2011 there was a coaching change and a QB change and both of those crippled the team. Even though Fisher had just left the organization had mostly won in his twelve years 1999-2010 and made the postseason often. Munchak ended up losing to the 0-13 Colts and the next year 0-10 Jags and in 2012 by the end of the year i think a lot of folks knew Munchak was the wrong coach and Locker with his accuracy issues and injuries was the wrong QB.

Almost every one of Locker's games in 2011 and 2012 he would average around 45 to 50% throwing passes and might have one good game that would skew his stats a bit. Even the first two games in 2011 that he ever played in weren't that good either. He was 9 of 19 against Atlanta good for 47.4% Against New Orleans he was 13 of 29 for 44.8%

Between the injuries and terrible games like the 55-7 game against Green Bay at the end of 2012 where Locker completed 13 of 30 passes which was 43% it was quite clear this team was going nowhere with Munchak or Locker and i think most players knew that. Other games that year Locker completed 9 of 21 passes against Miami that same year good for 42.9% completion rate. He completed 21 of 45 against Houston that year for 46.7% Completed 15 of 30 that same year against San Diego good for 50% you can't win games with that accuracy and completion rate.

Then you had Kenny Britt and some others who could've been the cancers Delanie Walker talked about that were souring things in the locker room. Maybe the losing as well as the wrong leadership at head coach and QB was getting to most of the players and the culture of the team wasn't good.

With Whisenhunt the team didn't start off well but he is way better than Munchak just like Mariota is much better than Locker. Whisenhunt is wise enough to realize he has to change the playbook and game plan for Mariota to succeed and he is doing that. I think he is doing everything in his power to make sure Mariota will succeed in the offense. The team drafted heavily on offense to give Mariota the things he needs to win.

All it takes is one good player to change a franchise and Marcus Mariota is that player. With Mariota he is great physically and mentally and can beat teams with his arm and his legs. He won nearly every game he played 36-4 and had one of the best ratios ever 105TD/14INT. Mariota has a great work ethic and determination to win. Mariota will change things for the better.

Edited by MIKE75

I think Marcus is so dynamic in everything, he is raising the bar higher than what they even envisioned.  He demands excellence without shouting it.  Lebeau is doing the same thing on defense.  So I see a 10-6 record.  

What would you prefer, that the coaches and players say  that Mariota is struggling even though he's not?  Maybe to surprise opponents?  Or say what they're been saying?  Sometimes playing low ball is better.

I like what I've heard so far. Hearing from multiple people that Mariota is clearly the best QB on the field every practice is a huge plus and really shouldn't be discounted as they've also mentioned Mett looks more mobile and pretty good as well. Hopefully it isn't bullshit, but I don't think PK is the kind to blow that kind of smoke. 

I also like hearing from Delanie that he thinks they could at least go 8-8. If Mariota plays well and the defense can be respectable i definitely think the team can hit .500 because after all this is one of the easiest schedules in quite a while. Between the bye i think they have over a month where they don't even leave home. The roughest stretch is December three out of four on the road going into the cold northeastern winter against New England,NY Jets and Indy with one home game two days after Xmas against Houston. Nothing would be cooler than going into these games with a chance to make the postseason.

PK just said Mariota looked like clearly the best QB out there by a wide margin. He said of course there's not hitting and they aren't in pads but that this is exactly what you like to hear. 

It is, and Kuharsky's not a guy who just blows smoke.Him and Jefferson have been very complimentary of Mariota.

I pay zero attention to player's comments, there totally useless. I do, however, pay a lot of attention when PK talks about how good Mariota has looked. The one thing you have to give PK is he's pretty much a straight shooter, and he also didn't want Mariota. I put some serious stock into his comments.