Fuck Yeah, Sneed!

tgo

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe people are talking themselves out of bringing in a top-flight corner for a mid-round pick. The Titans have 40m in cap space and no other big targets to spend that money on in FA. They

Sneed better fold before his knee does

Posted Images

Before FA started and it was up in the air whether or not Sneed would be tagged, I had written down Cushenberry, Sneed and Awuzie as a “dream” offseason, knowing we probably wouldn’t be able to draft a CB good enough to reliably start.

Then there was the cost, the capital and worst of all, the impending knee issue. I gave up on both expecting Sneed as well as wanting Sneed.

And yet we got him anyway, $19M per and for a 2025 3rd. For me, it makes it seem (with a little obvious caution) worthwhile. At least he’s in the fold for if and when Sneed has to miss time for a possible surgery and recovery.

I almost cannot belieeeeeeeve they pulled this off. Time will tell if it’s a great move or not, but I appreciate the tenacity and willingness to take the risk with Sneed, Awuzie and Ridley as a sign of making a path toward changing this team’s identity and reversing its fortunes in the offseason. 

They really do have to get a LT solution locked down by draft day 2, but I think they’re good if they can draft either Alt, Fashanu or Fautanu they should be good to go.

Should they decide to trade down, they could effectively replace the losses of the 2024 and 2025 3rd round picks.

So get a tackle or two with whatever they end up with, and consider a blocking TE with upside exactly like Theo Johnson who can help them out with blocking and maybe still be a passing game threat. Johnson is 6’6” 259 with an RAS of 9.95. Don’t like Bowers, lol? Cool. 

Ran is pulling out all the stops to give Titans fans an entertaining 2024 and beyond without being stuck in the past. Hats off.

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

It should be LT in Round 1. Fix the worst spot on the team that’s killed the offense

I get the feeling they're going LT in round 2. Someone very athletic who BC can work with.

Laugh all you want but did they even go to Joe Alt's pro day?

They sent Ran and Brian Callahan to Bama to probably see Latham. They're not taking him at 7 but if they were sold at LT at 7 then why are they looking so hard at guys like Latham?

Trade back would be the most obvious answer but we'll see.

Either way.. don't get your heart set on Joe Alt, fellas.

9 minutes ago, reo said:

They sent Ran and Brian Callahan to Bama to probably see Latham. They're not taking him at 7 but if they were sold at LT at 7 then why are they looking so hard at guys like Latham?

Yea, they are going to take a TE over a LT.  /s

Keep hope alive.

5 minutes ago, ctm said:

Yea, they are going to take a TE over a LT.  /s

Keep hope alive.

No one said anything about TE.

You just don't have a rebuttal about their strong showing to Bama's pro day and little showing to Notre Dame.

So you're trying to divert the conversation to something else. 

So again... don't get your hearts so set on Joe Alt, fellas. It might not be what they're planning. 

Edited by reo

15 minutes ago, reo said:

They could have also been there looking at Turner, Braswell, McKistry, Arnold, and Burton. I wouldn’t say they went their with being intently focused on Latham.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

No one said anything about TE.

You just don't have a rebuttal about their strong showing to Bama's pro day and little showing to Notre Dame.

So you're trying to divert the conversation to something else. 

So again... don't get your hearts so set on Joe Alt, fellas. It might not be what they're planning. 

You've been pimping Bowers from the very beginning.