Around the NFL Week 10 Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

6 minutes ago, cenj said:

Well, I wonder who Dungy will pick as the top AFC team this week now that his Ravens flopped. 

I mean, there's just no AFC team who's been consistently good against top teams over the last several weeks!

Go Bills!

They’ll bounce back!

There is “no one” else…

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're welcome Titans fans.....  

The Ravens were letting Jackson be more of a drop back passer so teams initially were scared of his running so weren't rushing him. After Jackson started doing well teams decided to treat Jackson like

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

If you want some cheap entertainment, read the message board for the Ravens. They start out by telling how they are going to roll the Dolphins. By midpoint they are blaming the refs. By the end when they realize they are going to lose they are ready to fire every coach and a few players. It was great fun watching them absorb mediocrity. 

I love that stuff. I end up reading more of there teams boards than ours during games. As much of a fucking bewildering shit show our game threads are most other forums make ours look civil when they are going to lose.

24 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

If you want some cheap entertainment, read the message board for the Ravens. They start out by telling how they are going to roll the Dolphins. By midpoint they are blaming the refs. By the end when they realize they are going to lose they are ready to fire every coach and a few players. It was great fun watching them absorb mediocrity. 

Which board?

1 hour ago, ctm said:

The Steelers have 3 losses.  They can take the #1 seed from the Titans by winning the game at Three Rivers.  That win would give both teams 3 losses and they would own the head to head tie breaker.

As of today, the Steelers are the only AFC team that controls its own destiny vs. the Titans in the race for the #1 seed.  The only team.

I’m hesitant to judge a team I’ve barely watched this year based on one  game….but against the Bears this week, the Steelers looked like an 8- or 9-win team.   Roethlisberger is clearly  done and their defense looked like a shadow of what we’re used to seeing.  

34 minutes ago, nine said:

I’m hesitant to judge a team I’ve barely watched this year based on one  game….but against the Bears this week, the Steelers looked like an 8- or 9-win team.   Roethlisberger is clearly  done and their defense looked like a shadow of what we’re used to seeing.  

I wasn't commenting on how good the team is, just how they are currently positioned for the #1 seed.  I haven't watched them play a lot either.

Wow, I'm seeing things much differently than some here. I think the Steelers are a legit threat to beat us as they present a really bad match up. I don't think they'll take the #1 seed from us but that game IMO is the toughest left on the schedule by a mile. They certainly have their flaws but I've been impressed by them some and they have the bones of a really good team. Not necessarily a team I want to see late in the season.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Wow, I'm seeing things much differently than some here. I think the Steelers are a legit threat to beat us as they present a really bad match up. I don't think they'll take the #1 seed from us but that game IMO is the toughest left on the schedule by a mile. They certainly have their flaws but I've been impressed by them some and they have the bones of a really good team. Not necessarily a team I want to see late in the season.

My cousin is a Steelers fan and he is thrilled with what they are getting done but he also said their safety situation is a fucking nightmare so when we see them if that does doesn't get fixed I assume a bunch of deep shots. Also mentioned the d line being banged up and the obvious offensive limitations. I am not to worried.

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Just like the Saints their D is impressive but no O. Roth is what, 39? Our pass rush is really going to be a problem for him. They only put 15 on Cleveland.  If we get our O line sorted out, I really don't see any AFC team that can beat  us. 

He's not great but he can still get the ball to Claypool down the field here and there. Diontae Johnson and the other receivers aren't the biggest/fastest but they get open consistently, understand how to exploit zone coverages, and flat out make plays on contested catches. Their quick passing game will be tough for us to handle with the zone-heavy approach we've been deploying. Najee Harris is also a problem in that his stats don't reflect how good he's been running and he's a legitimate threat in the passing game. As we know, pass-catching RBs give this team fits. They aren't world beaters but I think they're constructed in a way that will give us problems. Hope I'm wrong and we roll them though. I'm tired of losing to the Steelers.

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

Did anyone watch the Ravens game last night? I am so jealous of Miami. Their offense is amazing. The motion they use is spectacular. Late in the game they brought a back across the formation and he was wide open for about a 60 yarder. Ravens simply lost him in the clutter. They did the same thing earlier by bringing the TE on the right across the back of the formation and he got loose for a nice gain.  Hell, even Vanderbilt used to run a variation off this called the TE around where he went behind and got a handoff and it worked for yards, kind of like a jet sweep, but defenders usually don't follow a blocking TE. 

And the throwback. Wow. They start with a handoff on a sweep to the RB, who then turns around and throws back to the QB, who in turn then throws it back to the RB. Worked fantastic. Someone has a great mind.

I'm sorry Joel but I have to disagree.  That offense was unwatchable.

Dolphins sucked.  When they would run the same quick play action as the Titans, they'd get maybe 4 yards if they were lucky enough to complete the pass.  That's why they had to go deep in the playbook to make plays.  Their offense couldn't get the job done otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did.  But I ain't looking for that kind of play from our team.

3 minutes ago, Ratbird said:

Man I hope this is downplaying the Ravens chance at the #1 seed (which i agree with) and you don't actually think the Steelers are good.

See my other 2 posts on the subject

3 hours ago, ctm said:

The Steelers have 3 losses.  They can take the #1 seed from the Titans by winning the game at Three Rivers.  That win would give both teams 3 losses and they would own the head to head tie breaker.

As of today, the Steelers are the only AFC team that controls its own destiny vs. the Titans in the race for the #1 seed.  The only team.

I agree.  The Steelers and Patriots are threats because they can both put a loss on the Titans and benefit from the tie breaker.  Titans need to keep treating the regular season as the playoffs.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic