How Concerned Are You with All the Injuries?

Jonboy

Bud Dupree

apparently was available vs Indy, but only for emergencies

AJ Brown

- Played 8 snaps before leaving the game with a hamstring injury; has been on the injury report most of the season missing days here and there each week

I would guess AJ is out until at least the Buffalo game. They'll probably try and get through these next 2 without him. Those hamstring injuries can take so long to fully heal and with this being a 17-game season, I don't think Vrabel will take any chances with the star WR. 

Julio Jones

- This one could be maintenance, an undisclosed injury or something else entirely; kept his equipment on and had his helmet for most of the 2nd half against Indy. Hasn't been on the injury report at all in recent weeks. Vrabel's post-game comments led some to believe Vrabel didn't feel Julio was doing enough blocking. I'm not sure this is the correct interpretation though. Fans reported seeing Julio limp off the field at one point. Vrabel's comments seemed to be speaking more to the fact that they were mostly asking WRs to block later in the game and didn't want to risk Julio (my interpretation). 

Julio showed great hustle to make the tackle after one of the INTs and @AussieTitanFan08 posted where Rapoport reported the Titans were very pleased with Julio's blocking and how quickly he'd bought-in to the Titan way. Separate thread discussing this one here.

Taylor Lewan

- Appears to have settled in after the disastrous week 1 and pre-game snag in week 2, something to keep an eye on going forward though

Kristian Fulton

- left the game briefly vs Indy, but returned to finish

Caleb Farley

- Has missed 2 straight games with the shoulder injury, hasn't practiced either

Derick Roberson

- Missed most of practice last week and DNP vs Indy

Rashad Weaver

- broken fibula vs Indy, out for an extended time

Anthony Firkser

- missed the entire week of practice with a knee injury and DNP vs Indy

I'm sure there are others I'm missing. Ben Jones, Rodger Saffold, Jayon Brown, and others have also been having issues each week. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cruik has been really impressive so far.

As long as Tanne stays healthy….

Use the weaker part of the schedule to let depth players get experience and heal up the vets.

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Injuries are a part of football and this same thread can probably be created in every team's message board.

When it happens other guys on the roster need to step up.  The key is getting to January with as many healthy guys as possible.  Right now we're still in September.  If guys need to be shut down to "load manage" as Vrabel likes to say, so be it.

Of course. But I don't think anyone would be thrilled with NWI being our WR1 regardless of opponent. 

I would expect AJ to miss some time. Hoping Julio is fine and they were just being cautious. 

I'm concerned about Dupree as well. Hoping they didn't rush him back too fast. Starting to wonder if it would have been better for him to start the year on IR.

I’m not concerned long term. We have the depth to deal with these dings and bruises. AJB and Julio should be good to go headed into the Bills game, and Lewan and Dupree should be settled in come Nov. 

Farley can watch and learn for awhile and Cruik may actually be better than Hooker in man coverages - TBD. 

David Long (dumb costly penalties aside) is doing well while Jayon is healing up. 

Overall just managing minor issues at this point. They loaded the depth chart for a run this year thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Of course. But I don't think anyone would be thrilled with NWI being our WR1 regardless of opponent. 

I would expect AJ to miss some time. Hoping Julio is fine and they were just being cautious. 

I'm concerned about Dupree as well. Hoping they didn't rush him back too fast. Starting to wonder if it would have been better for him to start the year on IR.

I think Dupree will be fine going into the home stretch. 

9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The ironic thing about Brown is if you remember he missed the second and third games last year before returning against....Buffalo, as you predicted he would this year too.

Edited by scine09