Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wish one of the spineless members of the Nashville media had the balls at the end of season press conference to remind Vrabel of his statement in his introductory press conference about not being stupid and running into 8-9 man boxes, this is basically what the game plan against the Ravens was.

The problem is that Henry is somewhat of a blessing and a curse.  A lesser back doesn't routinely have long explosive plays against the stacked box like Henry has done - see last year's Raven's game.  Without the explosive runs, like on Sunday, it's completely a failure.

The big issue the Titans have is that they need to be more balanced in conflicted downs.  They are too run heavy.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, Jonboy said:

@OILERMAN

I would've been really curious to see how the offense played out this season if the OL, Humphries, and Evans had stayed healthy. It really felt like Evans was going to be a major part of the offense and he would've certainly added a dimension we didn't have.

He got hurt early, then you had Lewan going down, plus a banged up Saffold and Kelly.

I know you talked about how they ran just as much under LaFleur, but that was Vrabel's first year and I don't know how much he really trusted LaFleur to take the reigns. That really felt like a Robinson hire given that he had interviewed him previously for the HC job.

They went into last year planning everything around Mariota and we all know that held things back.

With the continuity of Arthur Smith returning for a 2nd year as OC, a healthy o-line, plus the drafting of Evans, it really felt like they were hoping to tweak the offense this year in a way that I think a lot of us would've been happy about.

This year the Titans were hit with a ton of adversity.  They won 11 games.  What if, they didn't suffer all those setbacks.  Shit happens, even to the Titans.  Time now to let emotions settle and make hard decisions about the team later.  Even Vrabel.  He coached them up to win @Ravens and @Colts.  He also made some great calls this year as well as Sunday's calls.  I think we can win a SB with him, if JRob can reign him in on some issues.

Vrabel and Art Smith lost the game, no question about it.

Vrabel coached the worst game since becoming the head coach of Titans. Hopefully he is smart enough to learn from it. If not, let's hope AAS is smarter than her dad who kept Fisher for 16 years. I think AAS should give him one more season and if he is still conservative and stubborn and doesn't take the Team further than the AFC championship game, fire his ass.

And also good riddance Art Smith. You are only getting all these interviews because of Henry, Tanny and AJ. You called the worst game and are not good at in game adaption. Hope the Team find a more creative and versatile OC.

Edited by ShadowCreek

I am watching the last punt right now.  Here are the plays before Vrabel punted from the 40.  2nd down, 9 men in the box and Tanny threw the ball oob.   3-2 Jonnu gets hit and can't hold the ball.  Replay shows Tanny looking instead of throwing the ball which causes Jonnu to get hit before he can secure the ball.  That ball has to come out quicker.  So, why should Vrabel try for two yards again after trying twice unsuccessfully.  Henry got them 8 yards on the first carry, Tanny and the rest of them have to do something.

BOO

{{dumb ass Titans fans booing their team}}. They don't go to the games.  You see no Titans flags around the city.  Then these Dumbass Motherduckers feel they have the right to boo their 11-5 playoff team.

Ravens drive the ball downfield with ease, penalty makes them take a FG.  This saves the Titans, but they fail to tie it up.

Baltimore stacked the los to stop Derrick Henry.  If you do not have an offense that can beat a stacked defense it's hard/impossible to beat a playoff* team in the playoffs.  

This team took a lot of personnel losses this season, too many to win a SB.  I have issues with not having a DC, but nobody is going to make a playoff caliber defense out of the players we had Sunday.  The Ravens are not just some joke team, they have a solid offense, a solid D and coaches who know how to use their talent.

That just the way the cookie crumbles.

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Vrabel may go down to be remembered by blowing that game.

A good regular season coach who can't win when it matters most..

I don't see this guy being remembered as one of the greats...

Except the previous year, his team won two road playoff games against superior opponents.

3 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Vrabel may go down to be remembered by blowing that game.

A good regular season coach who can't win when it matters most..

I don't see this guy being remembered as one of the greats...

Reich lost the colts game single handedly last week. It happens unfortunately. Reich won’t be blamed by stat nerds though. 

This game was weird. Vrabel clearly understands clock management, especially at end of halves, but had no clue what the fuck was going on this game. Pair that with the offensive attitude of running it till it popped, was just a complete transformation of the coach we knew.

He is ultra aggressive on going for it throughout the season but it's baffling how all of a sudden here and there he will just outta the blue have too much faith in Kern and the defense and punt on inexcusable conditions.