Jump to content

Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the Titans were going to run him on early downs and completely sold out to stop him. Our meathead HC decided he was going to do it anyway. 

 

With the junior varsity OL no less. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

2 hours ago, tgo said:


Not true - Streicher runs on field situational analytics along with Hendley and Kuhr. 
 

But yes, Vrabel does go with his gut anyway a lot of the time. 

 

OK I remember the posts about the Titans being one of the least analytics heavy teams in the NFL and people seemed to disagree with the posts (and me) because they did have some people doing it.

 

Can we just admit that those articles were correct now? Getting an analytics department and listening to it would be marvelous!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

 

OK I remember the posts about the Titans being one of the least analytics heavy teams in the NFL and people seemed to disagree with the posts (and me) because they did have some people doing it.

 

Can we just admit that those articles were correct now? Getting an analytics department and listening to it would be marvelous!


Analytics are overrated in the NFL. They’re useful in some areas but not useful in a lot of other areas. Frank Reich, for example, makes a ton of stupid decisions being enslaved to analytics. 
 

Analytics are more useful in player evaluation, which is why Robinson uses it heavily. 
 

It doesn’t matter anyway though, you could have the biggest analytics department in the league and Vrabel would just ignore it. 

Edited by tgo
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tgo said:


Analytics are overrated in the NFL. They’re useful in some areas but not useful in a lot of other areas. Frank Reich, for example, makes a ton of stupid decisions being enslaved to analytics. 
 

Analytics are more useful in player evaluation, which is why Robinson uses it heavily. 
 

It doesn’t matter anyway though, you could have the biggest analytics department in the league and Vrabel would just ignore it. 

 

So, it's a big reason for the big shifts in offenses that many, other than you, want the team to make in regards to when the team decides to run and pass and how often they run.

 

Also I said getting one and listening to it would be ideal lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

 

So, it's a big reason for the big shifts in offenses that many, other than you, want the team to make in regards to when the team decides to run and pass and how often they run.

 

Also I said getting one and listening to it would be ideal lol.


I want the team run like it’s 1975 man. Fullbacks, run up the middle, all that. Bully ball. 
 

Keep your fancy pants analytics and finesse wide open passing and all that ! :D 

Edited by tgo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...