Week 7: Steelers @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

We shouldn’t have been in any position to kick a field goal to tie. We should have been in position to win the game. The play calling became to lazy the screens to Henry failed twice. We are our best when we have AJ running out and the tightened underneath. Play calling was off all game. We should have been in the game earlier in. Stop blaming Stephen. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kicker has to be cut. You can't be 5/11 on kicks under 50 yards. 

Probably the toughest match up the Titans will have in the regular season. It sucked early but they came so close it's hard to get too down.    They have to fix the CB situation, it's obviou

Sambrailo pitched a shutout on Dupree. Not just zero sacks, zero stats.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Regardless of the merits I don't think he's getting released. I doubt it's even a thought 

I agree. I hated the signing in the offseason. The fact BB let him go with that stellar defense tells me all I need to know. Gostkowski is not done hurting this team....

12 minutes ago, japan said:

I've maintained all along that this Maker guy was a long term troll from another AFC South team.  Tannehill is too inconsistent and do we want that going into the playoffs?  Like there is some alternative to Tannehill on the roster.

Super Bowl Champion Trevor Siemian, duh

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Um...are some of you forgetting that McCann is already on the practice squad? Maybe not the best option, but, one would think he will be considered...

McCann was worse than Joseph who they replaced with Gostkowski. McCann had more practice squad value because he can both kick and punt in a pinch

17 minutes ago, scine09 said:

All year?

You're just being ridiculous here.  Yes he needs to do better.  But to act like HE lost them the game when I can point to probably 20 other bad plays that added up, helping the Steelers score and convert again and again in the first half as reasons why they lost.

It was a collective effort.  It usually is when you don't win.

Yea all year. Other than Minnesota he has been ass. The stats reflect that. He's kicking poorly. 

You can point to 20 other plays all you want. Those 20 other plays consist of a combination of players who had up and down games. Those players led to Gostkowski doing his job which he failed to do. He was 50% on the day. Last time I checked thats shit. I have not said that other players aren't to blame at all. 23 and 33 played poorly. In their defense their #4 and #5 CBs pushed into the starting lineup due to injuries. They are playing as we honestly expect. 

Gostkowski is signed to be a reliable kicker. Compared to anyone else on the field in relationships to what we expect from them he is playing horrid. 

Take his dick out of your mouth and hold players accountable. Smith, Kelly, and Joseph sucked. In the totality Kelly is going against and all pro and Smith and Joseph are nothing but depth as I stated. 

Gostkowski fucked up his job. His only job. Get that through your head. 

1 minute ago, Doogie said:

Yea all year. Other than Minnesota he has been ass. The stats reflect that. He's kicking poorly. 

You can point to 20 other plays all you want. Those 20 other plays consist of a combination of players who had up and down games. Those players led to Gostkowski doing his job which he failed to do. He was 50% on the day. Last time I checked thats shit. I have not said that other players aren't to blame at all. 23 and 33 played poorly. In their defense their #4 and #5 CBs pushed into the starting lineup due to injuries. They are playing as we honestly expect. 

Gostkowski is signed to be a reliable kicker. Compared to anyone else on the field in relationships to what we expect from them he is playing horrid. 

Take his dick out of your mouth and hold players accountable. Smith, Kelly, and Joseph sucked. In the totality Kelly is going against and all pro and Smith and Joseph are nothing but depth as I stated. 

Gostkowski fucked up his job. His only job. Get that through your head. 

Of course he fucked up.  I never said he didn't.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Special teams overall has been atrocious this year. We got a penalty on our first kickoff, botched snap to Kern, a huge punt return for Pitt, Raymond muffed kick, and then Gostkowski missed the FG. 

They really gotta get a reliable returner.  They've needed one for YEARS.  This is one spot where they can trade for one.

Just now, scine09 said:

Of course he fucked up.  I never said he didn't.

He is the main culprit in this loss. Look at this board. Seems like your the only one coming to this chumps defense. Remember also this isn't the first time this issue has been brought up. 

13 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

McCann was worse than Joseph who they replaced with Gostkowski. McCann had more practice squad value because he can both kick and punt in a pinch

Dude...if I remember right...they chose McCann OVER Joseph (when they released both but resigned him to their practice squad) &, although perhaps unlikely...may indeed consider him...

Edited by enigma

The Titans had another opportunity to improve the FG kicker position in the last draft. They had the opportunity to draft the kicker from UGA (Blankenship SP??) in the 7th round when they drafted Cole out of Hawaii. They totally whiffed on Cole and could have used that pick to draft a solid kicker coming out of college. The Colts ended up drafting the UGA kicker in the 7th round and he is now their starting kicker. I mean draft a freaking kicker in the later rounds instead of garbage QB no one cares about. Another a swing and whiff by the scouting crew in addition to our first round pick.

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Special teams overall has been atrocious this year. We got a penalty on our first kickoff, botched snap to Kern, a huge punt return for Pitt, Raymond muffed kick, and then Gostkowski missed the FG. 

And overall, the ST talent is better than last year. The only difference is Matt Edwards switching from Asst ST to defense and then Crow switching from defense to Asst ST

• Jonboy unpinned this topic