Succup back healthy and kicking bombs.

titanruss

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should bring him in and get a competition going between him and Joseph.

Every kicker in the NFL can kick 60 yarders without 300 pound men trying to block the ball. 

The Titans moved on.  Hard to see them coming back to him unless Joseph completely implodes.   It's still mind boggling on how poorly they handled the kicker spot last year and how they over

Succop was money for us for years. He was extremely consistent and acccurate. Yes his limit was 55 yards or less but I am pretty sure he hit a 60 yarder for us not long ago. 

if he is back to his form and able to knockdown anything within 50 yards and his cap is at 53-57 then yes resign him. 

1 hour ago, kyle021 said:

Succop was money for us for years. He was extremely consistent and acccurate. Yes his limit was 55 yards or less but I am pretty sure he hit a 60 yarder for us not long ago. 

if he is back to his form and able to knockdown anything within 50 yards and his cap is at 53-57 then yes resign him. 

2016 KC game in 15-20 degree weather. 

8 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

Every kicker in the NFL can kick 60 yarders without 300 pound men trying to block the ball. 

This. He gets to set it up perfectly, doesn't have to worry about timing the snap and hold, doesn't have to worry about anyone running into him, doesn't have to worry about the trajectory of the kick, etc. 

There is nothing impressive about hitting a 60 yarder. 

27 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Save by Tanney and Killer for Mariota Lol. That was even the toughest part of our schedule. We should have been 4-2 through 7 games rather than 2-4 if we had decent kickers. We loss the colt game and Bills game because poor kicking. Kicker missed like 5 fgs in Buffalo, and from what I recall they weren't even that long lol. Wasnt really the front offices fault, seem like Succop got injured last second.

Wrong

With Gano, Gostkowski, and Succop all available at this point I don’t think teams are in a rush.

I could see the Titans signing one if Joseph struggles in camp, but that remains to be seen.

Also, if a team waits until after week 1 to make a kicking change they could add a veteran kicker without a guaranteed salary. And in a season already in question due to coronavirus that may appeal to teams.

Edited by Starkiller

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

With Gano, Gostkowski, and Succop all available at this point I don’t think teams are in a rush.

I could see the Titans signing one if Joseph struggles in camp, but that remains to be seen.

Also, if a team waits until after week 1 to make a kicking change they could add a veteran kicker without a guaranteed salary. And in a season already in question due to coronavirus that may appeal to teams.

I thought gostkowski got signed. Not that he is still good anyway.