Vic Beasley Doesn't Report To Camp

Jamalisms

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Mostly I agree with this sentiment. But then you think about the Kevin Dodd of things.

The biggest difference is that Dodd had no future in the NFL hinging on his not showing up. 

Beasley has plenty of years ahead of him in the NFL if he so desires. He has incentive to show up because his next contract depends on how he does during this contract.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly Buck Reising was lying the other day when he said there had been zero contact all offseason....The Nashville Titans coverage is pathetic.        

People are jumping to too many conclusions. Just wait and see how this plays out. It's crazy times 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Mostly I agree with this sentiment. But then you think about the Kevin Dodd of things.

On the other hand, JRob fired some of the medical people after he was drafted so the fact JRob is quick to fix things and not let them linger is a big +.

I still think J-Rob should get the bulk of the blame for the Dodd situation because in the end, it wasn't the foot injury that did him in, it was his lack of desire to play the game. The guy essentially quit because he had no heart; it's on the GM to identify which guys love football. Love J-Rob but he's gotta wear that L. 

21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The biggest difference is that Dodd had no future in the NFL hinging on his not showing up. 

Beasley has plenty of years ahead of him in the NFL if he so desires. He has incentive to show up because his next contract depends on how he does during this contract.

My comment was more toward JRob's side of things in drafting a guy that was useless to the franchise.

Every GM has their hits and misses and luckily for us JRob is pretty quick to fix and/or move on from the misses.

7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I still think J-Rob should get the bulk of the blame for the Dodd situation because in the end, it wasn't the foot injury that did him in, it was his lack of desire to play the game. The guy essentially quit because he had no heart; it's on the GM to identify which guys love football. Love J-Rob but he's gotta wear that L. 

And JRob would probably agree with you. Having said that; some people can hide their intensions well. And the lack of insight on the injury was a part of it because JRob did let some people go after that. Whether it was directly related to Dodd's situation idk, but it seems a safe bet that's what it was. At least that the belief at the time.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

IT's hard to blame Jrob much for some of the early decisions. His scouting team was still mostly guys left over and I think Bedding field was still there. He was still establishing his system. .. but still, a wasted second round pick isnt that bad compared to our history.

The Davis pick is looking bad and he can;t be happy with much of any of the conklin situation overall .. and I like both those guys and thing they did well/could do well for us.

20 minutes ago, titanruss said:

IT's hard to blame Jrob much for some of the early decisions. His scouting team was still mostly guys left over and I think Bedding field was still there. He was still establishing his system. .. but still, a wasted second round pick isnt that bad compared to our history.

The Davis pick is looking bad and he can;t be happy with much of any of the conklin situation overall .. and I like both those guys and thing they did well/could do well for us.

The only reason IMO the Davis pick looks so bad is because he took him at 5 and people make a big deal about that that. Even with that, I understood why he too him where he did. 

The Dodd situation is different IMO. Picking a player who just doesn't love the game enough to play is much worse than drafting one that has just struggled with injuries, consistency, and can't seem to get in rhythm with QBs. 

39 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

He wore it by firing Blake

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

I think if the Titans were completely in the dark, the comments coming out from Robinson and Vrabel would be a lot harsher in tone.

How could they be any harsher without being unprofessional? The statements they've made make their positions known. 

What good would being "harsher in tone" accomplish anyway? They've made their displeasure with him very clear. 

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I wonder if signing Clowney would make it easier to dump his ass.

If not Clowney, then I'd rather have Clay Matthews or an UDFA or bring Jevon Kearse out of retirement than suffer Beasley's presence on my football team.