PFF Predicting the Future for Henry and Tannehill

BudsOilers

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The above plus let Ryan and Conklin walk and you have some money to work with.

Per spotrac, if they cut Wake, Walker, Succop and Lewis, plus convert Malcolm Butlers base salary, they'll have over 80 million in cap space. That should be JRob's goal 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was without Henry one game and he had a 133 QB rating .  Not exactly struggling.  

Henry and Tannehill will be retained.    The only question is by what means and how many Brinks trucks we'll need to get the job done. 

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

Per spotrac, if they cut Wake, Walker, Succop and Lewis, plus convert Malcolm Butlers base salary, they'll have over 80 million in cap space. That should be JRob's goal 

That's a lot more than I expected.  And they could easily sign Tannehill, Henry and add whichever edge rusher comes free in free agency.

14 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

KC was in goal line on that one 3rd and inches play, not both.  Personally, I didn't like the play call there.  Either sneak it or PA boot would have been better. 

Regardless, asking an offense to score on every drive isn't complementary football, which they relied on all year.  The defense had just as much of a hand in the loss as the offense. 

The KC defense was struggling with us just as much until we changed our approach.  It's not feasible to score every time , but we were.  And there is a strong correlation between the drives in which we stopped doing so and the play calling .

20 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I’m not great with contracts, what does it mean to convert Butler’s base salary?

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I’m not great with contracts, what does it mean to convert Butler’s base salary?

They can convert his base salary into a signing bonus that gets spread out over the remainder of his contract. They save around 6 million against the cap if they do this. It's basically pushing the debt down the line a bit.

56 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This is a really good argument.  I think they are under using Jonnu Smith.  It's different from Davis who doesn't really capitalize on his targets.  Smith just doesn't get enough.  But I'd wish they'd throw it more.

The only thing is I'm not sure which defensive players will be there and whether or not they'd be worth the spot at #29.  I'd actually consider DL again since Johnson is most likely gone and Jones is a FA after 2020 (I think).

Brady loves the TE’s.

You can’t cut all those veteran presence. I do not advise cutting Ryan. I don’t think he’s overrated but I don’t think he’s elite either. It’s above average, smart corner who makes plays. Keep him.

1 hour ago, reo said:

It's been a while since New Orleans. I don't remember exactly what happened and don't care enough to look into it.

?

You made the statement that Tannehill struggled without Henry.  Henry didn't play that game and Tannehill didn't struggle, the defense did. So disregarding that game where is your idea coming from that without Henry,  Tannehill struggled?  

5 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

?

You made the statement that Tannehill struggled without Henry.  Henry didn't play that game and Tannehill didn't struggle, the defense did. So disregarding that game where is your idea coming from that without Henry,  Tannehill struggled?  

You must have missed this conversation

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

He was without Henry one game and he had a 133 QB rating .  Not exactly struggling.  

2 hours ago, reo said:

it's a valid point. I'd have to look at that game closer.

He couldn't do it against KC though.

I'm not rehashing the same topics. Catch up.

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Some of you are clueless to how the game went.  Again, our defense had no chance in hell of stopping the Chiefs unless they stopped themselves. 

That puts an enormous amount of pressure on our offense to  play perfectly to have any chance.  Even with that were in the game until Brock fell down and gave them the long TD.

Tannehill played well enough to win but our defense couldn't get off the field.  It is a huge reason Henry didn't get any carries in the 2nd half.

These arguments are clueless and childish.  

Here is the level of stupidity.  Tannehill wasn't able to out play Mahommes so he is crap.  67%, 2 TDs to no ints, 114 QB rating.  SOB he lost the game for us.

Also, if we can draft a legit play making WR we should do it.  We need speed opposite of Brown.  Davis cannot get separation and doesn't make great plays.

No, you are trying to overlook his shortcomings.  

Every game winning drive is not in the fourth quarter.  I heard J. Winston say in a high scoring game when he was at FSU that he had to keep scoring until the defense got a stop.  That was his job as the QB.  I’ve also heard the defense from Miami tell the offense to give them 17 points and that’s all they needed to win.  That’s how football works.  The defense gave Tannehill the ball back with the score 17-21.  It was his chance to deliver.  So as you said, in a goal line defense in the middle of the field, he failed to audible into something different.  No as simple as you make it out to seem.  If he audibles there and makes a big play, it picks up the offense...it picks up the defense, it swings momentum back to our side, it make it a little harder for Andy Reid to breathe...that was potentially the game winning drive.  

But instead Tannehill fail to audible and he failed the defense.  And you know, his failure on that drive took the life out of all of us.  You are right, of course Tannehill should have known the D wouldn’t be able to contain Mahomes all day and he would have had to reward every stop with a score.   Instead he handed the ball to Henry because he knows and I know that he is not that guy.  I want that guy at QB.  Do you think Brady misses that chance for a big play?  Tannehill was covered up for the entire playoffs.  Yeah, so it is obvious that we don’t look at football the same.

Edited by Righteous

The Titans had the goal line package in there too.  Blaming the QB for not calling an audible there but completely exonerating the play call by Smith AND the failure to win the LOS is laughable.

Add that teams that give up 35 or more points are 9-84 in the playoffs since 1990. 

The Titans needed to win in the red zone, explosive plays, and on 3rd down to win this game and they lost all 3 areas. 

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

The Titans had the goal line package in there too.  Blaming the QB for not calling an audible there but completely exonerating the play call by Smith AND the failure to win the LOS is laughable.

Add that teams that give up 35 or more points are 9-84 in the playoffs since 1990. 

The Titans needed to win in the red zone, explosive plays, and on 3rd down to win this game and they lost all 3 areas. 

Didn't Tannehill also skip one to Brown and over throw the TE deep?

There are plenty of questions about Tannehill. But i'd still resign him if they can't get someone like Brady... maybe even if they can. I'll be on board w/ whichever they choose.