Week 16: Saints at Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans played with one of the better teams and Tannehill was great. They should get Henry, Jackson and Simmons back next week. Whether the Texans rest their starters or not they are banged up. 

Steelers lose!

Posted Images

• Jonboy unpinned this topic
8 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Back to the game... The hit on Kalif Raymond won the game.  And it's sickening to lose the game because the receiver got concussed on a hit to the head right after catching the ball.  That's the sort of play the NFL has tried to get rid, except when the Titans play.

So the moment I turned on the game yesterday and saw Bogert calling a penalty, I got worried. The score was 14-0 though, so I figured we’d be fine. It seems like we’ve never won a close game with him refereeing. If it comes down to the last drive he finds away to make a shit call. I really wonder if this guy is genuinely that bad of a ref or if he has a gambling issue. I mean if he bet the over then the titans getting that defenseless receiver call probably loses him a bunch of money.

Edited by Thrill

33 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Damn refs looked at it multiple times, too, on the replay.

Looking back at it, I really feel Gardner targeted Raymond. Coming in late as the second guy and lowered his shoulder to the head. I know Williams isn’t there anymore, but that headhunting shit happened on Peyton’s watch. It’s over and done with now, but damn I can’t believe that was a no call in 2019. Easiest fucking call, bias aside. 

40 minutes ago, TitansGoodLuck24 said:

We've lost 3 games with Tannehill. You'd think we're undefeated with him. It's not a knock, but acting like we'd be 12-3 with Tannehill when he's 6-3 just doesn't add up. And Mariota didn't lose us the Bills or Colts game.

QB's lose some times. Mahomes and Brady do too. 

I think we win the division if Tannehill starts all 16. I think 11-5 isn’t unreasonable. We aren’t the Ravens or Pats, but I think we win at least 2 of the games Mariota lost. 

11 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I think we win the division if Tannehill starts all 16. I think 11-5 isn’t unreasonable. We aren’t the Ravens or Pats, but I think we win at least 2 of the games Mariota lost. 

We likely win two or all three of the first Jags and Colts games and Buffalo. The Carolina loss is a head scratcher, but was a perfect storm of what can go wrong, will go wrong. 

Fans should be upset at the FO and staff not putting the best players on the field. The talent is there to have won the division and host a playoff game.

18 minutes ago, TitansGoodLuck24 said:

I don't. Not with our O-Line play and playcalling those games. I think Tannehill would've taken a lot of hits and wouldn't be playing like he is now. He hasn't dropped off at all, but our offense is slowing down. AJB is a big reason for a lot of big plays as well as Henry and we're not winning every game despite the improved passing stats. Same with Mahomes when we beat the Chiefs. He had a great game statistically but it didn't translate to a win.

I think Tannehill has outplayed Mariota this year, but was also able to sit and watch and listen and see the areas where we struggled early on. As well as Art Smith. He definitely excels in areas Mariota doesn't, but Mariota excels in areas Tannehill doesn't as well. Not saying he's the better QB at the moment at all.

I'm just glad we're not a QB injury away from having no hope if we make the playoffs. I feel confident that both QB's can beat the top teams and that we're set up in a good position heading into the postseason. No matter who we keep at QB, I hope we always have a solid backup going forward, to avoid what we experienced during the Mariota injuries of the past.

Outside of not fumbling on sack wtf does mariota excel at ober tanny lol.

1 minute ago, TitansGoodLuck24 said:

Extending some plays with his feet where he can pick up the 1st down. Zone reads where we can pick up 1st downs or chunk plays with his legs. Picking up 1st downs with his legs when the passing game breaks down.

Tannehill has been really good at all levels with his passing this season so he's definitely been a better passer. Wanting to see if it keeps up, but would also like to see AJB's role in all of this too. I'm just enjoying the wins.

I do want to see how he holds up over time IF the sacks keep piling up. Art Smith did a good job when Tannehill took over of keeping him upright by rolling the pocket and running heavy where the play action was effective, but as teams adjust it'll be interesting how that strategy holds up.

IMO yesterday I think Tannehill took the blame for a lot of the sacks, but I think some of that was on Art Smith. I believe Tannehill took the Mariota role and took the fall but I think Smith could've put Tannehill in a better position sometimes.

I think tanny has looked much better as a runner this season than mariota and I am damn sure tanny is better at extending plays than mary. They both might hold the ball and take sacks they shouldn't. But mariota almost never maneuvered in the pocket or got outside and made a play. Tanny does both. He also has 4 rushing tds and mariota has none so ya.