Difference Between Mariota and Tannehill.....

MIKE75

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Differences between Mariota and Tannehill   Ryan Tannehill: 3 game-winning drives in 4 starts with Tennessee Marcus Mariota: 3 game-winning drives over last 24 starts with Tennessee

Mariota sucks, Tannehill doesn’t 

Hey. A Vagina can taking a pounding.  Marcus cannot.

51 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

I mean, Tannehill is a good QB imo but he hasn't lit the world on fire. He was excellent against the Chargers consistently hitting guys in tight windows. Against the Bucs he was pretty bad against a bad defense and was gifted two touchdowns by Jameis. Against the Panthers, not great. Against the Chiefs it was the Henry show. 

I do think that he's been great in clutch situations so far. which is important But this board is so anti-Mariota so of course they're going to get overly excited about him.

That being said, I do think Tannehill is a good QB and I'd resign him at $25 mil/year if need be. He's better than any rookie we'd get in the mid-late first round and unless we get Bridgewater, better than any off season QB that is available. 

No qb will set the world on fire with the conservative play calling, the offisive coordinator should be fired, tannihil can gunsling it,but we treating tannihil like he Mariota by calling more run plays afraid that he might make a mistake

56 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

I mean, Tannehill is a good QB imo but he hasn't lit the world on fire. He was excellent against the Chargers consistently hitting guys in tight windows. Against the Bucs he was pretty bad against a bad defense and was gifted two touchdowns by Jameis. Against the Panthers, not great. Against the Chiefs it was the Henry show. 

I do think that he's been great in clutch situations so far. which is important But this board is so anti-Mariota so of course they're going to get overly excited about him.

That being said, I do think Tannehill is a good QB and I'd resign him at $25 mil/year if need be. He's better than any rookie we'd get in the mid-late first round and unless we get Bridgewater, better than any off season QB that is available. 

It's not just this board. Analytical sites have confirmed that he's playing at a top QB level and have been impressed with how big of an upgrade he's been over Mariota. This will likely bug you because you're a big Marcus guy but I think the majority of fans are more excited to finally watch good QB play, not wonder whether good Marcus or bad Marcus would show, and to actually be winning games. It's more about being happy to have a shot against elite teams like the Chiefs than it is about hating Mariota. We have a 3-1 record and the offense hasn't looked this good in years under Tannehill; it's more than reasonable to be excited. 

As for on the field, 15.6 PPG versus 24.5 PPG

Personnel grouping wise, there have been some subtle changes:

11 Personnel:  51% with MM, 62% with RT.  Same ratio of R/P (72% pass/28% run).  Success rate of 38% with MM, 48% with RT

12 Personnel:  36% with MM, 24% with RT.  Nearly identical ratio of R/P (60% run/40% pass).  Success rate of 42% with MM, 53% with RT

13 Personnel: 8% with MM, 12% with RT.  57% run/43% pass with MM.  75% run/25% pass with RT.  Success rate of 29% with MM, 46% with RT

Explosive Plays

Weeks 1-6:  11% run (17th), 8% pass (20th), Overall 10% (17th)

Weeks 7-10: 17% run (3rd). 12% pass (6th), Overall 14% (#1)

2 hours ago, GZATheGenius said:

Yeah but Tannehill still has yet to make it to the postseason & win a playoff game. When he does that then i'll be sold.

Why do we care so much about making the playoffs at 9-7 and winning one game that ultimately amounted to nothing.

If we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs does that mean Tannehill is a failure and Mariota is a winner despite one less win?

The merits we put on certain achievements is weird.

I think that Tannehill may have turned a bit of a corner in 2016 which went overlooked because of the injuries and the way things ended in Miami.

In his last 23 games as a starter, he's been 15-8.  His backups (or replacements in 17) on his team have been 12-18 during the same span, including Mariota's run earlier in the year.

Mariota has gone 10-13 over his last 23 starts.  His replacements/backups have been 5-2 .