Historically bad call from Vrabel

terradawg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was getting ready to make a thread for this. Win or lose, he deserves to be roasted big time for it. The score was 24-10. A FG makes it 27-10, so 17 pt lead and 3-score game. A TD would've made it 31-

You always kick the field goal and go up three scores. He may have cost us the playoffs last year going for 2 in London. If Atlanta comes back it’s on him 100%. 

There is no logical reasoning, none. If you have faith in your defense then getting up 3 scores makes more sense.    In terms of risk reward it's really as stupid as any decision you will ev

This is just stubborn coaching. The thing that got Mularkey fired. Vrabel said he would be going on 4th downs when he got hired. Being aggressive is game dependent. Was a stupid call once again, and could have been costly. We didn't put up a single point in the second half. Puzzling calls that are becoming more frequent than not..

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Are you even reading what I'm saying? It might not be a bigger risk to go for it than kick the field goal! Vrabel isn't an idiot, I'm sure he's done his research on these things

Going for it on 4th down is a MUCH bigger risk than kicking a chip shot FG to go up 3 scores. At that point in the game going up 3 scores is basically icing the game. Not to mention getting a TD has the same effect as a FG. 

11 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

On 3rd/4th and short Derrick Henry is 22 of 32 which is 68%.... Santos is 93% from the range that he would have kicked it

Tell me again how you want to just nonsensically throw some numbers around? (Pretty much we have 1.5x more likely chance of scoring if we go for the field goal than we do just going for that 1 measily yard for minimal outcome to the gameflow)

I am critical of the playcall. But I don't think it's this "historically bad" call. 70% chance to completely ice the game might be worth the risk. Vrabel obviously thought so. To be fair, I don't disagree with going for 1 in nearly any situation past the 50 yard line

18 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I am critical of the playcall. But I don't think it's this "historically bad" call. 70% chance to completely ice the game might be worth the risk. Vrabel obviously thought so. To be fair, I don't disagree with going for 1 in nearly any situation past the 50 yard line

I don’t think it’s remotely close to a historically bad call but it’s not remotely close to a good call... it’s a completely unjustifiable risk

What a dumb ass.  Serious its ok to say I made a mistake and move on.  There was zero to gain from being up 21 vs 17.  Going up 3 scores you make the other team score 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal instead he allowed the Falcons to being able to tie the game with 2 scores.  Terrible.