I think its time to shut down this Forum.

LongTimeFan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lets recap   CTM - likely millionaire with a history of expertise on financial matters Soxcat - repressed homosexual, believes the earth is 5000 years old, foxnews sheep   I k

Trumpers aren't conservatives and have adopted the posturing and baseless unaccountability of their dear leader and his administration, all while attacking the big tent of people and ideas that go aga

You are going to get all indignant about people rightly questioning Trump's blatant rhetoric while spewing your own fucked up Libs love mass shootings bullshit?! Shut the fuck up you toady ass bi

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, chef said:

I don't think that's technically a very big deal anymore.  Just unfortunate the massive gap between millionaire and billionaire.  10 millionaire is like the new 1970-80s millionaire (maybe not even enough), and billionaire is your original Monopoly game era millionaire.  But 10 millionaire just doesn't roll off the tongue. 

It's about 5% of all Americans that are millionaires.  This board has how many members? Just going to say 500 off top of head for a nice round number, so we'd have about 25 here already.

(And for those of you who didn't come up with the number 25 quickly and easily - no worries, pretty sure then it's a club you don't need to worry about)

I plan to have a long discussion with my son about his end goal.  Back when I started 1M was lots money. You will always get what you desire, but inflation is tricky. Plus there has been a funny change in the money. The average person has less, so making money off them is tough for non-discretionary purchases. Even real estate, they cannot afford the same formulas as in the 1980’s. 

There are people here who disagree and can discuss differences of opinion. That's not what what happens with some posters. To read a thread here, the ignore button is a necessity, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Edited by freakingeek

6 hours ago, chef said:

I don't think that's technically a very big deal anymore.  Just unfortunate the massive gap between millionaire and billionaire.  10 millionaire is like the new 1970-80s millionaire (maybe not even enough), and billionaire is your original Monopoly game era millionaire.  But 10 millionaire just doesn't roll off the tongue. 

It's about 5% of all Americans that are millionaires.  This board has how many members? Just going to say 500 off top of head for a nice round number, so we'd have about 25 here already.

(And for those of you who didn't come up with the number 25 quickly and easily - no worries, pretty sure then it's a club you don't need to worry about)

The question is whether you have enough to sustain the lifestyle you want.  Or do you need to drive a Mercedes instead of a Lexus?  I'm happy with a 10 year old Lexus with 160K on it.

Edited by ctm

5 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Somebody give me an example of when Soxcat, Earl, Duck,Tux, Jake or myself ever asked for or demanded that somebody be banned from the forum. You will not find it. 

Only libtards want to ban speech and of course it is speech they disagree with. 

The irony of you posting this in the very thread where you guys are crying to shut down the entire forum.  I would pretend to be surprised but how can I when you and your friends have shown your true colors over and over again?

7 hours ago, Rogue said:

I think we've kind of failed at the information super highway.  It's not like we can turn it back, but I think it's been a detriment at this point.  Things may correct themselves in the future, I just don't see it with the current political landscape.  It's pretty much distant future.

We have allowed technology to desensitize us. It has been a double edged sword. It has made our lives better, and worse at the same time, and will continue to make out lives better and worse, especially with the coming of AI.

Add to that the media from the left and the right shoves radical ideologies down our throats and pits us against each other. And that brews extreme hatred. It is only going to get worse unless there is some sort of intervention to keep these things in check, otherwise we could be headed for a true second civil war.