Trade for Frank Clark

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

The man had 13 sacks and 3 FF last year.  If you can get him, you have to at least kick the tires.  It's possible Seattle would give him up for 51 at this point, which would be a steal imo.  

Wouldn't be bad if you could get him for 51, just don't see us being willing to take another huge contract considering all the guys we have coming up

I think this is just posturing anyway. SEA has plenty of cap space to sign him. They're paper thin at edge without him.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn’t give a first lol

Need cheap labor.  We will have to pay Byard, perhaps Henry and perhaps the Polynesian. You have to structure your team with low cost production too.

Neither will the workplace violence.

37 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Looking at those pics, l would say NO.  He wasn't even in the fight and just threw a running sucker punch.  

I mean, media is what it is. Could be deceiving or could be letting out some truth.

In the end, in JRob we must trust. If he has the 411 on what went down, feels like he wouldn't be a problem, and feels like he'd make a difference for the team then he might wind up in Nashville.

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Any trade is going to involve an extension, the loss of the 1st rounders contract would also offset the new deal to a degree. 

Clark is 25 and already proven

This

i would offer 19 for Clark and a 3 this year

however

i think Seattle will have a hard time getting a first for him bc of the KC trade. They traded Ford away who doesn’t have character concerns and had a monster head that Clark has never sniffed and they traded him for a future 2

So...

i think all all teams will use that as a baseline for trade communication. 

Itll cost 100+ million to sign him plus a draft pick. Whatever team trades for him will end up paying him more then what SF paid Ford. 

So so I see them asking for a first knowing they’ll only get a second rounder. 

There’s no way I would trade anything for him BEFORE the draft. Call me on Day 3 at the soonest if shit ain’t popped by then. And that’s at best.

I’m having a hard enough time with Jerry Tillery over here. And I don’t want him, either.

20 hours ago, ctm said:

His franchise # is 17M.  It would certainly be a high risk/high return move.  If I were going that route, I probably just roll the dice on Simmons or Tillery (who doesn't get enough discussion here).

The Titans certainly need another DL that can pass rush.  Much more than another edge rusher.

If the team invests a high pick in an edge rusher it will be one with good size that can move inside & be an interior rusher on 3rd down IMO. I think they’re happy with what they have as far as outside rushers & I am to. Landry was a high end prospect who, while not making the impact I hoped, provided solid pressure all year & looked very good the last few weeks. Wake has been a monster for a decade & hasn’t slowed down yet, we should get a year or two out of him. And the team clearly likes Finch as the 3rd guy. He played great for an UDFA & is already a solid player.

I also think Tillery might be at the top of our list for DL. Sort of like PFF wrote about WR’s & having a “trump card”, you know exactly what Tillery is. There’s no projection. He can flat out get to the QB. He has great length & hand usage, on top of being a very good athlete. We need more pass rush at the left end/5 tech spot, nobody fits this better then Tillery, amongst the guys that we’ll actually be able to draft of course. He’s also a different body type then what we have, we could use his length.

2 hours ago, Face said:

If the team invests a high pick in an edge rusher it will be one with good size that can move inside & be an interior rusher on 3rd down IMO. I think they’re happy with what they have as far as outside rushers & I am to. Landry was a high end prospect who, while not making the impact I hoped, provided solid pressure all year & looked very good the last few weeks. Wake has been a monster for a decade & hasn’t slowed down yet, we should get a year or two out of him. And the team clearly likes Finch as the 3rd guy. He played great for an UDFA & is already a solid player.

I also think Tillery might be at the top of our list for DL. Sort of like PFF wrote about WR’s & having a “trump card”, you know exactly what Tillery is. There’s no projection. He can flat out get to the QB. He has great length & hand usage, on top of being a very good athlete. We need more pass rush at the left end/5 tech spot, nobody fits this better then Tillery, amongst the guys that we’ll actually be able to draft of course. He’s also a different body type then what we have, we could use his length.

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sports-top-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-no-25-notre-dame-dl-jerry-tillery-204313133.html