Jon Gruden banishes scouts before draft

SleepingTitan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who needs scouts when the only thing to look for in a prospect is if they know Spider-2Y-Banana?

"They didn't know who to trust so they cleared the room." I knew he would find a way to Gruden up 3 1st rounders....   https://nypost.com/2019/04/19/jon-gruden-banishes-raiders-scouts-days-b

No one really.  It's hilarious that they chose to pay big money to WR's this offseason instead of giving it to Mack last year.

Posted Images

In spite of all the weirdness of the Raiders, Gruden did have them competitive in their games. Didn't they lose a bunch of games by only a handful of points?

Still... Gruden comes across as a caricature and I just don't understand how you trade away such a blue chip defensive player like Mack. Who could they possibly draft with the 24th overall pick that will come anywhere close to the impact that Mack would have?

11 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

In spite of all the weirdness of the Raiders, Gruden did have them competitive in their games. Didn't they lose a bunch of games by only a handful of points?

Still... Gruden comes across as a caricature and I just don't understand how you trade away such a blue chip defensive player like Mack. Who could they possibly draft with the 24th overall pick that will come anywhere close to the impact that Mack would have?

No one really.  It's hilarious that they chose to pay big money to WR's this offseason instead of giving it to Mack last year.

21 hours ago, BudAdams said:

FWIW

Yeah, I can see that in NE. I can see that here. But I can't see that when two broadcasters take control of a team and proceed to trade away stars in favor of new stars and draft picks. They need all the advice and info they can get from seasoned scouts. Mayock hasn't been a part of a football team for 36 years, and Gruden hasn't for 10. 

Let the meltdown begin. If I were these two idiots, I'd be more concerned about fucking up an organization than letting my info get leaked. 

11 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yeah, I can see that in NE. I can see that here. But I can't see that when two broadcasters take control of a team and proceed to trade away stars in favor of new stars and draft picks. They need all the advice and info they can get from seasoned scouts. Mayock hasn't been a part of a football team for 36 years, and Gruden hasn't for 10. 

Let the meltdown begin. If I were these two idiots, I'd be more concerned about fucking up an organization than letting my info get leaked. 

I agree. This has all the markings of a celebrity takeover as the team moves into Vegas. It’s all smoke and mirrors much like the Vegas shows. It’s not going to end well. NFL might be behind it but these won’t be the Golden Knights. They’re not getting a new team of top players.

Edited by TitansFan23

13 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

A couple years ago this team was 12-4 with an elite player (Mack), a QB who looked to be on the cusp of joining the elite (Carr), and an ascending WR (Cooper). Now two are gone and Carr might be out the door as well. I'd be furious about what's happened.