Upcoming Free Agents

titanskick8851

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys seem to have forgotten how dishevled the team was last year without him.    The problem is that Evans and Brown can’t make the calls yet. As Pees said, Woodyard makes the defensive

The fact that guy is still in the league blows my mind.

I'd say he's the Titans #1 target in free agency.

Posted Images

Just now, DecepticonShawn said:

Whats the 5th te for though? If we get hockenson I understand but if he goes before we pick i dont think we go after any other te in the draft. Maybe his teammate fant but outside of them no thnx.

I don't see Fant as a fit, he is more a big WR than inline TE.

Irv Smith Jnr is a top 35 guy in this draft, he isn't quite Hockenson but isn't too far away.

2 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Whats the 5th te for though? If we get hockenson I understand but if he goes before we pick i dont think we go after any other te in the draft. Maybe his teammate fant but outside of them no thnx.

If they draft a TE early only one of the 3 undrafted TE's will make the roster IMO.

6 hours ago, headhunter said:

Not a fan of Humphries. Average ability. 

It's not about ability.

It's about experience, smarts and savvy, and mentoring the young guys with the speed and agility.

Douglas was never big on agility or ability, but he was the mentor to Davis that is now lacking with him gone.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

We will likely never find out if JRob has been negotiating to try and keep Vaccaro, but you certainly have to wonder if the intention was to keep him whether it was a tactical error not getting him signed up before that Reid contract set a floor on the FA safety market. 

why do you think thats a "floor" and not just a line to weigh vaccaro against higher or lower? 

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

why do you think thats a "floor" and not just a line to weigh vaccaro against higher or lower? 

Vaccaro's Agents will use that Reid contract as a starting point in negotiations with teams, would be surprised if he signed anywhere on a multi year deal that was not at least equal with what Reid got.

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Vaccaro's Agents will use that Reid contract as a starting point in negotiations with teams, would be surprised if he signed anywhere on a multi year deal that was not at least equal with what Reid got.

yeah as a starting point.. i get that. 

but a starting point isnt a floor. 

he'll sign for what teams perceive his value to be. most people had Reid ranked as the better player before last season. 

10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

We will likely never find out if JRob has been negotiating to try and keep Vaccaro, but you certainly have to wonder if the intention was to keep him whether it was a tactical error not getting him signed up before that Reid contract set a floor on the FA safety market. 

Why is the first FA safety signed (presumably a better player by virtue of being signed first) not setting the ceiling rather than the floor? Hadn't the Titans invited Reid first but there was scheduling problems and so Vaccaro was brought in and signed?

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

To be honest a big part of that was the fact we have not found a SS, or FS, in the draft as a viable backup.  If they like Vaccaro more than Cyprien I'm all for paying Vaccaro the money Cyp was making and cutting Cyprien. 

I'm all for it too, I just don't think they will do it. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic