Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Upcoming Free Agents

Tomachek   
6 minutes ago, tgo said:

When we resigned Matthews (before his release) it was for $7.75 million, with no receivers up for a contract any time soon I make the move for Humphries if we can get him for around $8 mil.  This WR group needs a proven vet, and Marcus needs a consistent receiver.

Edited by Tomachek

tgo   
1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Humphries isnt worth that.

Golden Tate is wanting 16M per year (he surely won't get that though)

I'll take Humphries at 8M over Tate at 16M. 

And if Matthews is worth that, then so is Humphries. 

Edited by tgo

abc2330   
3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I'm hesitant to pay $10M+ (if it gets too that) for someone of his caliber when we really don't throw the ball much.  Indy got FA scraps last year to put around their one receiving threat and they did just fine.  I don't think that we should do more than that for Marcus.

12 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I'm hesitant to pay $10M+ (if it gets too that) for someone of his caliber when we really don't throw the ball much.  Indy got FA scraps last year to put around their one receiving threat and they did just fine.  I don't think that we should do more than that for Marcus.

Indy has Luck though. We dont

Tomachek   
29 minutes ago, headhunter said:

$8mil puts him in the range of Marqise Lee, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, Paul Richardson, Marvin Jones, etc., so it's in the right ball park.

24 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

$8mil puts him in the range of Marqise Lee, Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, Paul Richardson, Marvin Jones, etc., so it's in the right ball park.

Yikes

Soxcat   

The way I see it is if a guy like Humphries is deemed solid enough to man the slot for years to come he is well worth $8 mil a year.  Outside of being reliable and giving us instant production it allows us to not have to draft a guy we hope can develop into that guy.  I'm tired of using 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks on WRs that don't pan out.  WR is one position I'm all for spending some money in FA.  $8 mil is very reasonable. 

japan   
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Sounds like Cyprien is nervous.  Maybe JRob isn't as tied to Cyprien as some think.  Or maybe Pees has made it known to Vrabel/JRob that he wants Vaccaro back.