Upcoming Free Agents

titanskick8851

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys seem to have forgotten how dishevled the team was last year without him.    The problem is that Evans and Brown can’t make the calls yet. As Pees said, Woodyard makes the defensive

The fact that guy is still in the league blows my mind.

I'd say he's the Titans #1 target in free agency.

Posted Images

I don’t think TH lets Humphries test FA. They likely part with Jackson and use his monies to tie up Humphries longer term. If they don’t...

i would add Humphries AND John Brown at WR, and add a few solid interior DL like Covington and Brown and push hard for a C like Paradis or Morse. If we have enough $ you try for a solid vet OLB like Lynch or Barrett to pair with Landry/Finch and a draft pick

then go into the draft focused on OLB and TE like Hockenson in 1 and Ferguson or Ximines in two AND take Winovich in 3... kind of mimicking Baltimore when they went Judon and Bowser one year in 2&3 after going Williams and Correa in 3&2 the previous year. 

O’Shane Ximines and Chase Winovich will be nice players. 

Hockenson would give us a Gronk/Kelce  type TE opposite Delanie and can block like Kittle

Casey, Johnson, Jones, Covington, Brown would make for one damn good DL paired with Landry, Finch, Barrett, Ximines, Winovich, Correa... that would create a lot of havoc and a lot of fresh bodies. Winovich reminds me of a young Clay Matthews. 

Evans, Woodyard and Brown would have hay days and so would the secondary. 

Davis, Brown, Humphries, Taylor, Sharpe, Jennings + Walker, Hockenson, Smith, Firkser at WR and TEs would give us a big time receiving Corp. 

Paradis/Morse immediately upgrade the IOL and you could even try to keep Jones on a lesser deal and have him compete at LG where he had a really good game at this year albeit for one half 

a mid round OLB to monitor is Anfernee Jennings

Edited by Kyle021

We'll probably sign a slot WR, OLB and a Guard. I dont see much else. i think its gonna be a pretty quiet free agency period for most teams. I think its a terrible free agent class as well. I dont even think we'll draft a TE. Walker, Firkster, Pruitt, and Smith can line up anywhere and our offense if it stays the same uses H-Backs and two TE sets and bunch formations and they all can line up in those formations. 

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We'll probably sign a slot WR, OLB and a Guard. I dont see much else. i think its gonna be a pretty quiet free agency period for most teams. I think its a terrible free agent class as well. I dont even think we'll draft a TE. Walker, Firkster, Pruitt, and Smith can line up anywhere and our offense if it stays the same uses H-Backs and two TE sets and bunch formations and they all can line up in those formations. 

That's exactly how I see it. 

FA signings for WR, OLB, G. Maybe a depth guy or two later in the offseason for vet minimum deals. 

I disagree about the FA class though, I think it's better than recent years actually. But I'm not looking at the top of the class, I'm assessing it based on mid grade type free agents that fit our needs. 

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

This is true. 

Brown is a stud receiver though and we should not pass twice. Same with Humphries. He is not a world beater but he is a damn good 2/3 WR

if we signed Smith at OLB or Ford which I don’t expect then I am all for Hockenson. 

If we sign a big time DL I expect to see us go hard after a OLB in 1 or allow one to fall to us and make a big move for Hockenson. 

They made go Hock in 1 if available and the top rushers off the board and make a move to top of 2 to grab a guy like Landry last year

1 minute ago, Kyle021 said:

This is true. 

Brown is a stud receiver though and we should not pass twice. Same with Humphries. He is not a world beater but he is a damn good 2/3 WR

if we signed Smith at OLB or Ford which I don’t expect then I am all for Hockenson. 

If we sign a big time DL I expect to see us go hard after a OLB in 1 or allow one to fall to us and make a big move for Hockenson. 

They made go Hock in 1 if available and the top rushers off the board and make a move to top of 2 to grab a guy like Landry last year

Brown isnt a stud. Hes inconsistent with an injury history and will be close to 30. Hes a one trick pony that is too inconsistent to be a #2. I wouldnt over spend. Humphries is solid but I wouldnt break the bank on him either. These vet WRs are not that great. 

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

That's exactly how I see it. 

FA signings for WR, OLB, G. Maybe a depth guy or two later in the offseason for vet minimum deals. 

I disagree about the FA class though, I think it's better than recent years actually. But I'm not looking at the top of the class, I'm assessing it based on mid grade type free agents that fit our needs. 

Im sure theres depth we can get in free agency but if we dont sign an OLB then its not gonna be a good free agent class for us and thats a possibility. Theres teams that can and probably will outspend us at OLB. The Pees and Smith connection is nice but Im sure Smith will choose money wherever he goes. Im thinking maybe a Shaq Barret or Preston Smith is more realistic.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Im sure theres depth we can get in free agency but if we dont sign an OLB then its not gonna be a good free agent class for us and thats a possibility. Theres teams that can and probably will outspend us at OLB. The Pees and Smith connection is nice but Im sure Smith will choose money wherever he goes. Im thinking maybe a Shaq Barret or Preston Smith is more realistic.

It's always a combination of both - money and also fit. 

The thing is that what other team is he going to to be more valuable to than us and the Ravens? No one. He fits the defense perfectly. Also what position are we going into next year barely paying a dime for? 

Pass rusher. 

Trey Flowers, Justin Houston will be the top tier of guys at OLB. Za'Darius Smith is a 2nd tier type guy and is totally realistic. Preston Smith is a 2nd tier guy as well, but probably a notch below Za'Darius. 

Edited by tgo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Jonboy pinned this topic

@Jonboy

was just coming here to post that!

My two guys are Za'Darius Smith and Adam Humphries. I think they're likely targets and would be great signings.

I think other legitimate targets could include guys like:

Trey Flowers, Preston Smith, Golden Tate, Ndamukong Suh.

And there's about 10-12 guards that are real options, several of them with links to our staff.

Edited by tgo

On 1/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, ctm said:

Reality is that the Titans will likely sign 1 player in the 10M range.  The rest will be depth.

This would be a big departure from the previous 3 years, so not sure why you say this when there's no evidence to support it. 

I keep seeing people say this, and it just doesn't make any sense. 

If we signed three free agent starters, it would still be less than Robinson has ever signed in an offseason before. 

Edited by tgo

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Not a fan of Humphries. Average ability. 

Marcus has been fine with any vet receiver, regardless of ability.  But when he has the slightest feeling that a receiver won't be in the right place, he completely shuts down.  Humphries will be in the right place.  And it's not like we are asking for him to be a #1 guy.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic