2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Wait...why isn't anyone jumping on the Peter King quote regarding QB?

It sounds like a "smart GM" told him the Titans would (should?) take Drew Lock if he's there at #19. Or am I misreading that?

That would be wild. I almost can’t believe it would happen. Especially with the draft in Nashville... it would be pretty huge. 

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

It sounds like a "smart GM" told him the Titans would (should?) take Drew Lock if he's there at #19. Or am I misreading that?

Meh.  I don't see Lock actually being there and I would be SUPER surprised if the Titans took him.  They've done very little work on QBs in this draft.  

30 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Lock reminds me of Cutler

I'm not sure why people compare him to Cutlet, Locker, or any other QB who he was vastly superior to in college.  He threw 42 TDs in a single season, 25 against the SEC.  I don't think Cutler or Locker ever even reached 25 in all games combined.  He also had an absurd 9.5 YPA.  He's inconsistent and raw, not inaccurate.  

Where did the top two QB prospects go to college?  Ohio State and Oklahoma, where they had the best coaching and talent around them that one can find.   Every single QB who goes to those schools looks great.  Put Lock in that same situation , you are talking about a #1 pick

17 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I'm not sure why people compare him to Cutlet, Locker, or any other QB who he was vastly superior to in college.  He threw 42 TDs in a single season, 25 against the SEC.  I don't think Cutler or Locker ever even reached 25 in all games combined.  He also had an absurd 9.5 YPA.  He's inconsistent and raw, not inaccurate.  

Where did the top two QB prospects go to college?  Ohio State and Oklahoma, where they had the best coaching and talent around them that one can find.   Every single QB who goes to those schools looks great.  Put Lock in that same situation , you are talking about a #1 pick

I like Lock.  Big arm and he threw 63% last year and has gotten better every year.  He's a 4-year starter and he seems like a good personality.  A ton of things to like.  Probably my favorite round 1 QB prospect.  Just don't like him for the Titans in the current situation they find themselves in and with the crop of QBs coming out next year. 

Walker doesn’t get the hype as a lot of others,but his game film looks nasty.I remember watching him last year constantly making plays.1 min mark he destroys 2 ppl on the kickoff.Great special teams guy and can get after the qb.Lil undersized but just curious on ur guys thoughts.Im not saying 19 but kid has skill to be a good player.

7 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I feel wierd about Montez Sweat because for such an athletic freak he lacks a lot of fluidity in his movements on the field. He has a ton of power in his hands but he lacks the level of hand-fighting technique he'll need at the next level. I don't see him as ever becoming the type of rusher that chains multiple moves and counter-moves to get to the QB. He's a pretty stout run defender but he's probably the worst tackling edge guy I've seen in a while. He's constantly lunging and trying to wrestle runners down rather than actually tackling them but he doesn't get burned by it because he's so big and strong that they usually go down without much issue. Add the health stuff and it makes him a scary prospect IMO. I can't believe I'm saying this about a 6'6" 260 lb pass rusher that ran a 4.4 and has good production but here we are. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing. 

He does have thunder in his hands man. I never really saw him play & then in the Senior Bowl when they were doing the drill where he turns the corner & hits the pads, it just sounded totally different from everybody else. The pop was so loud.

10 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Honestly if you're an outsider just looking at the Titans objectively then of course you'd think the Titans have a big need at QB. 

I'd prefer to go with the Matiota/Tannehill combo this season and look for a QB next year

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic