Is Brady falling off the cliff like Manning/Dynasty over

OILERMAN

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He doesn’t look as bad but he’s on pace for a terrible season 

Terrible?  Maybe un-Brady like but there have been many times where I and many others thought he was not the same guy and he'd go on to have a terrific season.

Let's see what happens after the BYE.  Their schedule has 4 games against the AFC East among their last 6 so you'd assume they'll be at minimum 11-5 and will at least be the 3 seed. 

Edited by scine09

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Manning dropped to the ground to avoid hits almost his entire career. 

I didn't realize this but the Titans were the 3rd team to beat the Pats by double digits at home, they also struggled to beat the Bills in Buffalo. Early on when they got blown out by Jax and the Lion

someone listened to a podcast!

Brady looked weak the first half of the Atlanta SB comeback. Sunday seeing him stumbling with his knees made it look like he was about to fall apart. But he matched scores with Mahomes and beat him. It’s going to happen, but l think he makes it this year. He’s so much smarter and knows things to make up. But no football player 40-41 years old can say they are playing until 45.  Way past everybody else. 

Edited by Number9

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Brady looked weak the first half of the Atlanta SB comeback. Sunday seeing him stumbling with his knees made it look like he was about to fall apart. But he matched scores with Mahomes and beat him. It’s going to happen, but l think he makes it this year. He’s so much smarter and knows things to make up. But no football player 40-41 years old can say they are playing until 45.  Way past everybody else. 

Except Vinateri anyway. 

When he had to move around and run, he looked like an old man. Getting pressure on him is the only way to beat them so that's what teams are going to do. Manning was the same way. Get a couple of hits on him and he would start getting happy feet. Belichick knows this but he's saddled by Kraft. If Brady doesn't hang it up at the end of the season, it's going to create a crisi for NE and BB. The guy is a gazzillonaire with a super model  wife. Quit while you're ahead, Tom.

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Usually teams aren’t able to get the pressure and cover the hot routes. That’s where we got him out of sync all game. That pattern match zone they’re playing is constantly shifting who is blitzing is really a nasty combination. Brady had no idea if Byard, Vaccaro, any CB, or either ILB were coming. And even if he read it the defense shifts post snap to take away those presnap hot routes. Pees has done an excellent job, and so has Coombs and the LB coach. 

Exactly.... Last game proved exactly what we hoped for when we signed a 3rd CB.

We wanted a secondary that can cover everyone on the field for a couple seconds and let everyone else do their job to create fits for QBs and RBs. Too bad we had to relegate Butler to the 3rd WR but who cares if we get the production as a unit like we did last week. Adoree stepping up reminds me of what happened to Seattle's D when Sherman became a force (they had a much better front 7 though).

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I remember when I crossed the 30 mark. I didn't believe people when they said shit just cropped up. They say 40 is 2x worse. From 25 to 35, I feel like I went from a ballerina to a shrek, though I'm only 20 lbs heavier. 

There's no fancy diet or exercise plan that can stop the degradation of your organic blueprint. Barring blood transfusion, stem cell, and some other illegal age defying procedures that are available on the black market, you really can't stop aging.

I can only imagine what it's like to put your body through a pro athlete paces. To use another tired analogy, they're race cars. And it doesn't fucking matter if they started with carbon fiber and over-engineered components. Wear is wear. I bet that fucker did feel like he had another 5 years....last year. Now he's probably thinking "If I could just win one more..." 

4 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

Yeah, watching Manning decline was painful. I hated the Colts when he was with them, of course, because they beat us. But I always liked Manning. He was just so good.. Watching his last year or two was rough. 

I loved it.  I giggled.  

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

When he had to move around and run, he looked like an old man. Getting pressure on him is the only way to beat them so that's what teams are going to do. Manning was the same way. Get a couple of hits on him and he would start getting happy feet. Belichick knows this but he's saddled by Kraft. If Brady doesn't hang it up at the end of the season, it's going to create a crisi for NE and BB. The guy is a gazzillonaire with a super model  wife. Quit while you're ahead, Tom.

It would be awful if he got hurt badly, but his life circumstances are probably why he's placed avoiding hits as #1 priority.  Once the ball is gone, people tend to forget how many hits QBs take.  Brady is a tough s.o.b. to have lasted this long taking all those blows.  People were dying to get a flip phone, a pair of Croc's and watching the Osburnes on TV when he started his career.  George Bush got elected potus and they are now still counting votes from that election in Florida.  

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Brady didn't look nearly as bad as Manning did in the Rams game.  The book on Brady has always been to hit him early and often.  The Giants did it and that's the biggest reason they were able to win that first Super Bowl.

This game reminded me of the playoff game a couple of years ago when DEN harassed him into mistakes all game long and rarely blitzed.

It makes me wonder how many times Pees has watched the tape of that game.

They've beaten Indy, KC, and Chicago. All three of those teams have been point scoring machines. He's also beaten Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. His touchdowns may be down a bit and his INTs up, but he's still putting up yards. In all 7 wins he's been over or near 300 yards.

They started out the season with a shit ton of questions at receiver, and I think they did a dumb ass thing trading Brandin Cooks away after only a year. Oh, and he didn't have Gronk Sunday either.

I just hope this thread isn't some back door slam on the Titans win to taint it a little. It's legitimate to ask if Brady's done yet because it's inevitable, but I get the feeling like this thread will take on new meaning if the Colts win Sunday.