All seriousness. What the hell should I be doing?

kyle021

4 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

7 weeks preggo, and counting. First time for me and I’m 30. 

Credit fixed. 

We are looking into renting a home for the first year, saving money then buying (she already has 15k for a down payment)

but what the hell do i do I need to be doing to prep for this from a mans perspective?

For parenthood, it would be good for you to watch any tutorials found in You Tube. Look for the ones who adjust to your needs or questions.

All I can say, is: Have great communication with your wife on how you are going to raise him, avoid having discussions or disagreements. That will minimize any frictions bewteen both.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re at best a sixth or seventh round prospect as a father.  I hope you outperform your scouting report.

You can also use that alone time in the middle of the night to swab the baby's cheek with an at home paternity test to make sure it's yours.

Hate to tell  you this but your mock draft days are done 

Well, you're life as you know it is over.  That's the truth.  It doesn't mean it's going to be bad it's just not the same.  Time is going slip by you like by you like wind in the night.  The first few months will be fast and furious but you will feel emotions that you have never felt.  You will be exhausted and tell yourself "once they are a few months older, I can get some time for myself".  Then a year will blow past and you will think that once they are out of these terrible two's I can get some relief and get back to being me, but before you realize it 5 years are in the rear view mirror.  Eventually, at some point, you will say fuck it and give up that pipe dream.  You will stop caring what you look like and it won't matter anyway because most of your hair will be gone and you will develop a pear shaped body.  Then you will realize that you can't get laid without paying for it. It's ok though because you will have a kid.  Try not to blame them for your dissapointment, they didn't make you go bareback with a complete stranger.  

Haha just kidding.   Parenting is great.  Just love them.  You can't prepare either.  It comes at you fast and somehow you just figure it out.  Good luck,  it may be the best thing for you.  It was for me.

Lol been with her almost three months and she’s at my place every night. I don’t need a paternity test. I have met her mom and sister. I’ve known her mom for years as she works with mine. 

Shes def a badass woman who is a great influence on me and cares about me in ways I’ve never thought were possible. 

The plan is to wife her up after the baby and living together for a year. 

My my biggest fear 5 months ago was getting back an ex who gave no fuck about me. 

My my biggest fear today is not letting a great woman down and being a crappy father. 

9 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Lol been with her almost three months and she’s at my place every night. I don’t need a paternity test. I have met her mom and sister. I’ve known her mom for years as she works with mine. 

Shes def a badass woman who is a great influence on me and cares about me in ways I’ve never thought were possible. 

The plan is to wife her up after the baby and living together for a year. 

My my biggest fear 5 months ago was getting back an ex who gave no fuck about me. 

My my biggest fear today is not letting a great woman down and being a crappy father. 

I'll give you the same advice I gave my brother 10 years ago. Do not marry this girl because she's pregnant or due to pressure from your friends and family, church, etc... Being married is hard enough without throwing parenthood into the mix. Make sure you think logically about what you want to do because your life will change forever in 6 months.

14 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Dude, do a paternity test.  I've seen many horror stories of men finding out years later the kid isn't theirs and by that time it's too late, you are paying child support until that kid turns 18.

There's no harm in doing a test and she doesn't have to know about it.  Just do it secretly to give yourself the ultimate peace of mind.  If it's really your kid, there's no harm and you can come back here and tell me you were right.

11 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Dude, do a paternity test.  I've seen many horror stories of men finding out years later the kid isn't theirs and by that time it's too late, you are paying child support until that kid turns 18.

There's no harm in doing a test and she doesn't have to know about it.  Just do it secretly to give yourself the ultimate peace of mind.  If it's really your kid, there's no harm and you can come back here and tell me you were right.

Seconded. It isn’t a betrayal, and it doesn’t say anything about your character or her’s.