Big win

OILERMAN

2 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I have frustration from time to time with the Run, Run, Pass....but it cannot be overstated how good of an overall game Robiskie calls. Easily the best OC we have had since we have been in TN.

I agree that this is the best offensive staff/system we've had since the team moved to TN. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now Mariota is gimpy, the running game is sputtering and the defense is pretty weak. All that matters is winning games in this easy stretch of the schedule. They have things to clean up and some

As much as people have legitimate gripes with this coaching staff for a variety of reasons, one thing I don't think anyone can reasonably deny is how close Mularkey has gotten these guys to become.

DL made great second half adjustments Ill have to watch the game again but looked like we switched to a more base 4-3 with the dline not taking splits so wide as before. And mixed up man and zone blitz's out of that and took away the his quick outlet to the backs and Te's.

32 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I have frustration from time to time with the Run, Run, Pass....but it cannot be overstated how good of an overall game Robiskie calls. Easily the best OC we have had since we have been in TN.

LeBeau on the other hand is a constant source of frustration. I’m pleased that we actually did better in the 2nd half, but as I mentioned last night we have more defensive talent than that crap show in the first half showed. Missed tackles is on the players, but receivers running free is on the DC. I don’t believe we have the talent for a Top 5 defense, but we do have more talent than has been shown. 

Best OC? Lol.

I'd take heimerdinger any day. 

Our DL was getting held a good bit, but whatever. They aren't getting the passer like they should. I think our CBs are actually playing well the last couple of weeks, but our DL isn't helping them enough. DLB HAD to blitz to get them help in second half. Good on him for calling a great second half, and our offense came alive too. 

But damn, I was as pissed as Lewan about the exotic shit on our first goalline action. That was shit. 

18 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

2-1 this year and leading the division we'll see how it unfolds 

1-3 in 2015 with a win against a bottom dweller

2-4 (really 1-4) last year with our only wins against a terrible terrible jags team and Houston who didn't play starters. 

2-1 this year with wins against very very bad teams and the loss to a rookie QB and a beat up defense. 

I wonder what his division records where at every other stop

8 hours ago, titantez said:

The Elephant in the room for us right now, is the lack of touchdowns in the Redzone, with a star by passing.

This should be Mularkey's number one talking point...

All of our draft capital is mostly on offense and for us to hit rock bottom like this, points to coaching, strategy, play calling, that shuttle pass to walker, now that shit is stone age at this point.It testify's to the lack of creativeness on Mularkey and Robiski's part...

I actually think they are over schemeing there too. Just do some quick slants and outs. Every pass doesn't need 4 fakes and a rollout there. 

Sorry, but while I am happy about the win and happy about finally beating the Colts, I do not think we are a good team.  We may not even be a mediocre team.  We barely beat a bad team with a backup QB.  Our defense was getting picked apart, as usual, and our usually reliable red-zone scoring sucked.

The only reason we won is because the Colts truly suck.  A half-decent team would have beaten us, and a good team would have blown us out by the 3rd quarter.

No way in hell we beat Houston, so we will need a better record than them to win the division.

I don't see us winning in Indy, and I can't see this team going into someplace like Denver or KC and winning like we did last year.  We'll be lucky to win 8 games this year. 

P.S.  Dear JRob:  Next time, how about not spending a top first-round draft pick on a player that is already injured?  Ya think?

Edited by Denali

13 minutes ago, Denali said:

Sorry, but while I am happy about the win and happy about finally beating the Colts, I do not think we are a good team.  We may not even be a mediocre team. 

You could almost be posting this about any NFL team this season. The Colts played the Seahawks the same way, led early, close in the 3rd and the Colts got blown out late. 

The question is going to be who gets hot in late Nov and into the playoffs, will it be the Titans? No idea

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

1-3 in 2015 with a win against a bottom dweller

2-4 (really 1-4) last year with our only wins against a terrible terrible jags team and Houston who didn't play starters. 

2-1 this year with wins against very very bad teams and the loss to a rookie QB and a beat up defense. 

I wonder what his division records where at every other stop

Jacksonville is not a "very very bad team."  They went into Pittsburgh and won.  "Very very bad teams" do not win games in Pittsburgh.

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

Jacksonville is not a "very very bad team."  They went into Pittsburgh and won.  "Very very bad teams" do not win games in Pittsburgh.

They they do this year. Pitt is shit 

On 10/16/2017 at 11:25 PM, GoodToGo said:

Great game by MM. Still think we need a better coaching staff. Forget this exotic BS. Taylor is a receiver. Not a one-trick pony in the backfield. DLB talks to this one guy right next to him. Maybe that guy should be the DC. I dunno. But we need defense early on. Especially against relatively inexperienced QBs. Gotta give lots of credit to Gore. Ageless wonder. But we gotta stop that run. 

Good win against a team whose talent and cohesion I have no clue about. But a win is a win. I’ll take it. 

On 10/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, AvgJoe said:

LeBeau on the other hand is a constant source of frustration. I’m pleased that we actually did better in the 2nd half, but as I mentioned last night we have more defensive talent than that crap show in the first half showed. Missed tackles is on the players, but receivers running free is on the DC. I don’t believe we have the talent for a Top 5 defense, but we do have more talent than has been shown. 

This is a league of halftime adjustments. Whichever team sees what their opponent is doing to them in the 1st half and makes the correct adjustments, wins. Whenever you see a team do poorly in the 1st half but really well in the 2nd, that's what happened. Both our OC and DC have shown to be very good at making those adjustments and reading what their opponents are doing... but relatively poor at game planning to start games, thus the slow starts.

5 minutes ago, reo said:

Both our OC and DC have shown to be very good at making those adjustments and reading what their opponents are doing... but relatively poor at game planning to start games, thus the slow starts.

It is baffling to me how this "slow and old" crew is so bad at producing in the first half but can scheme so well against the opposition that's actually presented itself on the field in seemingly minutes.