Big win

OILERMAN

17 hours ago, Denali said:

Sorry, but while I am happy about the win and happy about finally beating the Colts, I do not think we are a good team.  We may not even be a mediocre team.  We barely beat a bad team with a backup QB.  Our defense was getting picked apart, as usual, and our usually reliable red-zone scoring sucked.

The only reason we won is because the Colts truly suck.  A half-decent team would have beaten us, and a good team would have blown us out by the 3rd quarter.

No way in hell we beat Houston, so we will need a better record than them to win the division.

I don't see us winning in Indy, and I can't see this team going into someplace like Denver or KC and winning like we did last year.  We'll be lucky to win 8 games this year. 

P.S.  Dear JRob:  Next time, how about not spending a top first-round draft pick on a player that isn't already injured?  Ya think?

I'm not sure how long you have been following the NFL, but division games are always tough regardless of records.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now Mariota is gimpy, the running game is sputtering and the defense is pretty weak. All that matters is winning games in this easy stretch of the schedule. They have things to clean up and some

As much as people have legitimate gripes with this coaching staff for a variety of reasons, one thing I don't think anyone can reasonably deny is how close Mularkey has gotten these guys to become.

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He had Vince Young playing at pro bowl level. Enough said. Dinger was an excellent OC who got the most out of this offense for years when we had very little talent outside of CJ and a good line. He also forced Fisher to open up the playbook for Steve, which led to him being an MVP and top five QB for four straight seasons. Pass the pipe Tez.

That was Chow.  I assume you are referring to 2006.

6 minutes ago, titantez said:

Do we need to revisit the Fisher Gate interview with Blake Beddingfield, oh and stop begging for back up and stand on your own two feet, like a man...

What did Beddingfield say that would help you prove your point?  I listened to the interview and didn't hear anything that would help you but go ahead.

I assume you are going to cite that Fisher wanted Cutler but it’s been proven out that Fisher did everything in his power to protect and coddle that POS until the final straw when he quit on the team a second time.  Let that sink in. Fisher stayed with VY and protected him AFTER he quit on the team in a playoff game!

1 minute ago, titantez said:

How did this go from Dinger and Fisher to VY?

You miss winning Jap?

You're ripping Heimerdinger because he was Young's OC.  And you're defending Steckel because he wasn't.  

This isn't any different than anyone else that has an agenda towards a certain idea.  

2 minutes ago, titantez said:

As I said and witnessed, Dinger had talent here and just about anyone could have won with the talent we had on both tours, Less Steckle did before Dinger and achieved more, Chow did before Dinger and achieved the same with less...Fisher was a gas bag....

How do you figure that Steckel achieved more?  And Chow's offensive rankings were pathetic.  The Titans did not finish in the top 15 in either yards or points scored in any of his 3 years in Tennessee.  

Who has the coordinator that got McNair to become a thrower instead of a game manager?  McNair had his 3 best years in the NFL as a thrower under Heimerdinger.  That's a fact that cannot be debated.  Young had his 2 best years in the NFL as a thrower under Heimerdinger.  That's a fact that cannot be debated.

11 minutes ago, titantez said:

SUPERBOWL........Why did Dinger not become a head coach SOMEWHERE?....Seeing he did all this, because everybody knew what time it was BUT YOU and a few other Lost Zombies who thought the world of Fisher and Dinger...

I didn't think the world of either, particularly Fisher.  I think Heimerdinger was good, not great.  But better than any that I've seen with the franchise, what's for sure.  No one is even a close second.

What does going to the Super Bowl have to do with the offensive coordinator?  The offensive coordinator's job is to get the offense to score points.  That's all.  What the defense, special teams and the rest of the non-offensive coaching staff do, that's out of the OC's hands.

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, titantez said:

LOL.......I'm not trying to change your mind Scine09, just shedding light on the big picture.....

Keep your beliefs....

Well you're not going to change my mind because there isn't a stat that you can throw at me that would get me to change my mind.

Just now, titantez said:

I know, Superbowls are the least of your concerns, just stats...Like Al Davis said, "Just Stats Baby".....LOL...

Okay and what does that have to do with the offensive coordinator?  Does the offensive coordinator control the defense, special teams and what the head coach does?