WR Eric Decker Meeting with Titans

Cyrus

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see why so many people act like Decker has one foot in the grave.  He's younger than Edelman, Greg Olson, and only six months older than Crabtree.  He's only a year and a half older than Dez.

Look at his sexy ass wife.

Close to happening?  

Posted Images

Never been a big fan of Decker.  Always thought he was a bit overrated and benefited from Manning and supporting cast.  Also thought he's gotten away with offensive PI perpetually over the years.  And now he's older and coming off injury.  

That being said, assuming his body is not completely trashed, he is a proven vet.  And a big one too that can block out of the slot.  And though I am happy with Davis and Taylor, they're both rooks, and there is nothing of consequence at this point behind them unless Sharpe suddenly makes it all happen (not holding breathe - fine with him as a 4/5 but not much more yet).

Even if Davis/Matthews/Taylor all have a great year from the get-go, and expecting both rooks to be solid is a bit too much to ask I think, you have to assume that at least one and probably more than one will miss games due to injuries minor or major, and then you're back to 2 + Sharpe/Douglass.  Big bodied vet like Decker could potentially offer some vet insights to Davis as well, though I am more prone to discount the whole Vet as coach to youngsters thing, especially outside the QB room.  

If he's healthy, he's obviously not worth his $7+ mil contract, but maybe $3-4/yr for 2-3 depending on how structured.  I'd just try to leave an out after 1 if he's dead in the water by week 4. 

4 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I wonder if he interacted with Mariota or any of the WRs

More likely he wanted to see if he could push off on some of our DBs, get back on his game.