2017 NFL Draft Rumors & Buzz OT

Jonboy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corey Davis on Russilo & Kanell just a bit ago.. "Who is your Favourite QB"?   Davis - Marcus Mariota.     

TitansReport.com, where all NFL journalists are hacks and have no sources. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Normally I wouldn't even post this, but we're so close now...what the heck. Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently this guy is Dave-Te' Thomas. He supposedly runs a scouting information service called NFL Scouting Services and produces THE NFL Draft Report, a publication provided by league headquarters to the media in preparation for the NFL Draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/users/153363-dave-te-thomas

He dropped this info earlier today...

I think the Conley/Foster/peppers factor along with the Titans/Browns deal going down tomorrow along with Lynch going to Oakland causes this ripple effect. Tennessee targeted Howard & a WR in 1. With going down to 12, they want Clemson's Williams when originally they intended to take Corey Davis at 18, but are scared about the ankle issue after his recheck. They still might trade #18 to a team looking to get Kizer, but if they keep it, Njoku is a consolation prize after passing on Howard at TE. 

Peppers is sort of the square peg-trying to fit into the round hole. Honestly, outside of Pittsburgh and Tennessee, there was little round one interest in the guy. Both teams remain in play, probably in round two, but if he's not selected there, he'll be one of the first picks during Day Three action.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=552075

The other reason posted this is because this would certainly paint the latest Williams workout in a new light. If the Titans saw something with Davis that scared them, then I can see why they'd want one more look at Williams.

The Njoku stuff is new and interesting.  Guess they might be looking at all O in round 1.

Just now, headhunter said:

Thanks Jonboy

No problem. Nothing in there that's so off the wall that I would say he's making it all up. At the very least, something to keep us engaged for a little while longer, lol.

Just now, Starkiller said:

I'm not sure he even fits the offense...

He's not far off in size from Delanie, actually. About the same weight, but he's taller/leaner. Could put on some muscle and I could see him taking over for Delanie in a few years. 

17 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

He's not far off in size from Delanie, actually. About the same weight, but he's taller/leaner. Could put on some muscle and I could see him taking over for Delanie in a few years. 

He is dynamic as a receiver, but is he much of a blocker?

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

He is dynamic as a receiver, but is he much of a blocker?

He's perfect for this offense. He probably wouldn't even be a TE, he'd basically be a slot WR. He'd be a monster vertical threat. I'd be so psyched about Njoku.

28 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The Njoku stuff is new and interesting.  Guess they might be looking at all O in round 1.

So do we have a trade in place with Cleveland to be announced tomorrow?

is that what I'm reading?

prelimary trade if Trubisky is on board?

I am a Hurricanes fan and have scrutinized Njoku a bit. I went back and watched 6 games from this past season and want to correct myself. Njoku has got vast potential in this league. I say that because Kaaya has absolutely no pocket presence and lackluster ability to make reads and often times prevented Njoku from being able to get YAC. I kneeboarding Kaaya wasn't that great, but I didn't realize how often he rushed throws. It's not as noticeable live as it is when you slow it down. I still like Howard better as he reminds me of Greg Olsen, but I now would not be upset with an Njoku pick.

Edited by AvgJoe

1 minute ago, Face said:

He's perfect for this offense. He probably wouldn't even be a TE, he'd basically be a slot WR. He'd be a monster vertical threat. I'd be so psych-v about Njoku.

Njoku is a good blocker

29 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Njoku is a good blocker

Said no one ever.

J/k

So you're telling me Williams, Njoku, and maybe Peppers, if 33 is in play. I was so hoping to leave Njoku out of my maybes.

HHHHHOOOOOOWWWWAAAAARRRRRDDDDD!!!! 

Edited by GLinks

• Jonboy unpinned this topic