Watt OUT (possibly for the year)

Titanstattoo25

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I am not trying to say he's not great.  I am saying that his impact on the game is overrated.

Okay, that's fair.  You should drop a line to JRob though, and tell him not to bother drafting the next JJ Watt that comes out of college.

IF that's what you truly believe.

Oh, and if JRob bothers to respond, be sure and share with us what he says.

My guess is he'll recommend professional help, or that you should start watching soccer instead of football.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warmack made it to IR before Watt? It's probably the first time Watt wasn't able to beat Warmack...

Hopefully he dies.

FUCK yeah.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I'd guess if GM's could have any player in the NFL,outside of a QB, a healthy Watt would be on top of the list.  You could always argue a Von MIller or Houston is better but it becomes infantile.  The only thing that diminishes his game is he doesn't play QB.  He is the standard other DL are measure by. 

That's nonsense and it's always been nonsense.

Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

Okay, that's fair.  You should drop a line to JRob though, and tell him not to bother drafting the next JJ Watt that comes out of college.

IF that's what you truly believe.

Oh, and if JRob bothers to respond, be sure and share with us what he says.

My guess is he'll recommend professional help, or that you should start watching soccer instead of football.

I'm not saying don't draft DL.  But in general most of these guys are pawns who need to be put in place by the right scheme and will do well if the scheme is good and the team will win with a good quarterback and good coaching.

I guarantee you that's how Belichick looks at it.  Probably Robinson as well.

5 hours ago, nine said:

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea9645305

Totally serious.

We played a Vikings team who lost their starting QB a week before the season (and playing us). We still imploded and made another backup QB look amazing.

We played a Detroit team who lost DE Ansah, was already out their best coverage LB in Levy, and who lost so many LBs in the game that they were plugging DEs at LB. The last couple drives, Lions defenders didn't even know where to lineup. And yet it took a 4th down play thrown into double coverage to win.

Oakland comes into the game with the worst defense in the NFL, where there was speculation that the DC had duties taken away by Del Rio. Their defense totally shut us down.

Now we play a Houston team who should be psychologically broken after the Pat fiasco, and they are out maybe their two best defensive players (Watt gone is huge).

On top of everything, we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL currently and our division is atrocious. This is the year a solid team would punch above their weight and go a bit farther than projected, based on good luck. Instead, we might have another top 5 pick.

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

Tom Brady is a good player but he's not the game changing player people say he is.  The guy almost never scores touchdowns himself.  All he does is throw or hand the ball to other people who score the points.

The Pats are 3-0 without Tom Brady.  He doesn't impact the game much.

I know it's sarcasm butttttttt.... 

NE is 14-5 without brady. 

so maybe there is something to it. 

While I'm happy that he's going to be out for this game.. Some of you are hoping that his career is over.  Yea it sucks that he's done so much damage to us over the years, but this man one a once in a generation player.  Model citizen, played at Haynesworth's 2008 level basically his whole career. Possibly the best defensive player we've ever seen or there's ever been.

Edited by Stan17

1 hour ago, Stan17 said:

While I'm happy that he's going to be out for this game.. Some of you are hoping that his career is over.  Yea it sucks that he's done so much damage to us over the years, but this man one a once in a generation player.  Model citizen, played at Haynesworth's 2008 level basically his whole career. Possibly the best defensive player we've ever seen or there's ever been.

No one is wishing his career is over we wish he died.. that's a difference