Jalen Ramsey in studio with 3HL at 4:00 CT.

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debating whether or not he's worthy of the 1st overall pick is a waste of time. If he's good enough to go #4 he's good enough to go #1. If he's your guy you take him regardless. 

Also, I'd draft Ramsey #1 overall and not think twice about it. But I'd also take calls on a trade to maximize value. I think Ramsey will be there are 4-5. If I can move down, get picks, and draft Ram

Trade with the Browns for the 2 and 32.

Take Ramsey and hope Jaylon Smith and Elliott fall into our lap at 32 and 33. (Dream Scenario)

More likely is to trade up (ideally with 33 and 64 or worse) and grab one of the two at around 21-27 and hope for the other to fall to 32 but have a backup plan in place.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

They mentioned this on the Midday show today. Chris Long is a good player. And I think Bosa will be a good player. But Woodson was a HOF player. While I am not ready to put Ramsey in Canton, I think he has a better shot of ending up in Canton than Bosa does. I just don't see Bosa as being an elite player. Solid, good piece. But I think Ramsey will be a better piece.

Depends on what white pass rusher Robinson wants to compare him to. If you think he's a Long or Kerrigan, I'd definitely take Ramsey. Those other guys are good players, but I don't think of either guy as an elite pass rusher. I'd want more than that from a #1 pick. If you think Bosa is Jared Allen, then it's a tougher decision for me. In most cases, I'd choose pass rusher. But there's been some rumblings about drug issues about Bosa. I don't know how serious it is. He was suspended one game and the rumor is for weed. If it's serious enough where it leaves even a shred of doubt, then it definitely tips the scale in favor of Ramsey for me.

1 hour ago, Omar said:

I look at this like would you rather have Charles Woodson or Chris Long.

If you like Ramsey bad enough, I think you just take him at 1. I don't think a DB has ever gone #1. And it'd be the first time since 96 that someone who wasn't an OT, pass rusher, or QB went #1. But our situation is a bit more unique. If Ramsey is definitively my guy, the absolute farthest I would consider trading down is 2. While I think SD would take Tunsil, they are losing Weddle and they are devoid of playmakers on D. DAL could use secondary help. I'm not buying QB at 4. JAX needs secondary help. BAL needs secondary help and Ramsey is totally an Ozzie type pick. So I woudn't chance it if he's our guy.

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I wouldn't be upset with him in the 1st. I still think we can trade back to get him. Or Hargreaves. Definitely Safety/CB 1st round regardless...

Let's not even think about Hargreaves not sure he is worth all the hype

Ramsey seems to check just about every box you'd want. My only (slight) concern is he only intercepted 3 passes in his career. Does he have elite ball skills? Ed Reed intercepted 21 and we saw how that translated. Earl Thomas intercepted 10. Eric Berry had 14. Polamalu only had 6 and went onto intercept a lot more than that so maybe no big deal. 

Edited by socaltitan

Count me in as another that will have zero issues with taking this player 1st overall.

Berry was taken 5th in 2010 by K.C.

It does suck that the only way we may be able to get Ramsey is by trading down.

The preconceived notion is always to take a left tackle,QB or LB but certain positions most teams never use a first on a safety or corner. Screw that. If this man is being touted as having great skills and possibly the next great safety like a Polamalu hell yeah you take this guy.

Of course with our front office the tired and true rule the day so most likely we will be stuck with Tunsil.

22 minutes ago, ace8309 said:

Let's not even think about Hargreaves not sure he is worth all the hype

Hargreaves is twice the skill and technique but not near the specimen Ramsey is. Hargreaves will be way more lockdown. Ramsey won't be a lockdown corner in the nfl, probably an excellent safety though