Done

code

16 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Aren't we in first place in the division?  Yea, now is the time to fire all the coaches and start over.  

There are two kinds of fans.  Those who rejoice in a win no matter how we got it and others who like to bitch, bitch, bitch.  This wasn't the SB but it might as well have been.  This was a must win and we got it.  All that matters.

tenor.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate calling for the heads of coaches. Historically it does more harm to the franchise than good.   But this is just a horrible football team to watch.  It's no fun. I don't care that we w

Because fans are retarded and a lot of them really do care about being entertained more than winning 

Just enjoy the win.

10 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Ugly wins are part of the game 

Right. While I’m critical of the play calling in this one and other games, good teams have these types of games and the good teams win them with zero TDs. We seem to have these games coming off shorts weeks and exceptionally physical games like the Seattle game. 

Im happy to be 4-3 going into the bye.

Edited by japan

Crazy shit happens every week. It's a road win, time to celebrate. The Browns were due for a home win and we denied them. Their fans could taste victory but we snatched it away at the last second and laughed like Lucy van Pelt.

Today isn't the day the complain. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow IMO. I'm not a fan of the play calling or schemes/philosophies/etc. but they did their jobs adequately today. Road win, baby. They all count the same no matter how ugly. 

39 minutes ago, code said:

I hate calling for the heads of coaches. Historically it does more harm to the franchise than good.

But this is just a horrible football team to watch.  It's no fun. I don't care that we won today. The offensive play calling is horrific. The inability to use a WR effectively is beyond infuriating. The insistence on run, run, pass only when forced is primitive.

I like Mularkey as a human. But I am sick to death of being a less than mediocre football team.

Nothing short of 11 wins should save this staff, because even wins feel like losses when football is played in this manner.

As for personnel development ... its time to draft for speed. We love slobberknocking. We seem to have loved that since moving to Tennessee. What I wouldn't give for Warren Moon and the air raid offense. And yes, I know,. we went to the Super Bowl with Mac running this same boring shit. 

20 years of it in a row is too much to ask of a fan base.

Let's win some games. But just as importantly let's play a more interesting entertaining brand of football.

Just my two cents. It's opinion not fact. Needed to vent it somewhere.

Agree. Of course, I never wanted him. He is what he is. And he isn’t going to take us ultimately where we want to be. 

4 minutes ago, klaatu- said:

Crazy shit happens every week. It's a road win, time to celebrate. The Browns were due for a home win and we denied them. Their fans could taste victory but we snatched it away at the last second and laughed like Lucy van Pelt.

Today isn't the day the complain. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow IMO. I'm not a fan of the play calling or schemes/philosophies/etc. but they did their jobs adequately today. Road win, baby. They all count the same no matter how ugly. 

Being "due" isn't a thing dummy

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Different match ups and different game plan, speculation 

I'll speculate that this offensive coaching is hot garbage. Terry Robiskie is a garbage offensive coordinator or Mularkey is a garbage offensive mind, your pick!

Theres is no defending the ineptitude of the offense further. I'm tired of hearing that it's he personnel, it's no longer an excuse.

I was on the coaches side (which has been your take for a long time). It's time man. The offensive coaching is awful. It needs to be fixed. Our offense is inept. If our players can't run an effective offense who's fault is it?

I am not calling out a single fan or a single opinion.

IMHO we are just painful to watch. 

If you are ok with this, all good. 

Just saying I am not.  

And wins over the Colts and Browns with losses to Dolphins and Texans is absolutelty nothing to be excited about.

54 minutes ago, code said:

And yes, I know,. we went to the Super Bowl with Mac running this same boring shit. 

Bite your tongue sir. There was NOTHING boring about McNair.  He was a craftsman.  I have followed this team for 40 years and he was fucking awesome.

14 minutes ago, Tnasty said:

I'll speculate that this offensive coaching is hot garbage. Terry Robiskie is a garbage offensive coordinator or Mularkey is a garbage offensive mind, your pick!

Theres is no defending the ineptitude of the offense further. I'm tired of hearing that it's he personnel, it's no longer an excuse.

I was on the coaches side (which has been your take for a long time). It's time man. The offensive coaching is awful. It needs to be fixed. Our offense is inept. If our players can't run an effective offense who's fault is it?

Right.  The same exact personnel looked fine when they were forced to throw down by 10 points in the second half last week.

This is not a personnel issue.

2 minutes ago, Denali said:

Bite your tongue sir. There was NOTHING boring about McNair.  He was a craftsman.  I have followed this team for 40 years and he was fucking awesome.

You have to remember, at one point Code made a post like this saying McNair wasn't the answer and posted they should consider drafting David Carr.