The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Try to pay attention...

Because Dany is shaping up to be a tyrant and Jon always puts the people first. He'll have to supplant her for the good of the realm. It's also feasible the Dragons know he's the true heir and come over to him in the ultimate act of betrayal. Why do you think The Jaime trial scene is highlighted for next week? He's going to explain how evil the mad king was and that he had to do it to save King's Landing. It's an example for Jon and message for Dany if she continues down this path. Lastly you really believe she's going to give up her claim to the crown because the people loved Rhaegar? 

Don't worry about my attention. I'm good, bruh.

The Jaime "trial" was highlighted because he's Jaime Lannister in Winterfell. It's kind of a big deal that he's there, something he knows since he was all cloaked out like Darth Sidious, and he's got a lot more to answer for than just stabbing the Mad King in the back. Why do you think Bran was waiting for him at the gates? Just to say hey and to engage in a little mind fuckery? You think Brienne won't have anything to say on his behalf either?

Could Dany go the path of a tyrant? Maybe, we'll see. There's plenty of precedent in her family history, but I seriously doubt it. I also doubt that the dragons give a flaming shit about the politics of humans. On an instinctual level they know he's one of them. They can obviously smell it in his blood, but how that translates to them give a damn about his political status is beyond me. Maybe that's a book thing. But Dany is also one of them. And she has proven to be invincible to fire, something we don't know about Jon. She is, for all intents and purposes, their mother. Their connection will always be as strong with her, if not stronger, as it would be with anyone else.

And though you're trivializing my point about Rhaegar, yes I really believe it will play a role in her thought process. Shit like that matters in a show like this. She may never have known him, but she's getting to know him through his son.

"Rhaegar never liked killing" - Barristan Selmy

"Everyone likes what they're good at." - Dany

"I don't." - Jon

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Seems to me the story is setting up for Jon to Kill Dany and become the true king of the people that unites Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen.  

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

When has that ever been Jon's MO?

Actually, it would tie back to the first scene and the Ned's first lesson. Ned explained to him that some people must be killed. There are rules. Jon has avoided this reality most of the series -- it would make sense for him to finally take that lesson and become the rightful king, a symbolic act to show he's finally ready to rule.

4 minutes ago, cenj said:

Actually, it would tie back to the first scene and the Ned's first lesson. Ned explained to him that some people must be killed. There are rules. Jon has avoided this reality most of the series -- it would make sense for him to finally take that lesson and become the rightful king, a symbolic act to show he's finally ready to rule.

I thought the lesson was that "the one who passes the sentence should swing the sword".

1 hour ago, cenj said:

Yeah, I don't think the Dothraki and the Unsullied are going to take that very well.

And Jon has to know that.

7 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Yeah, I don't think the Dothraki and the Unsullied are going to take that very well.

And Jon has to know that.

Upcoming battle in Ep 3 should take care of most of this issue.  But as always with GOT lots more bad stuff will happen than good.  My hope is Arya squares off against the Mountain at some point, face lifts him to get close and stabs Cersei in the eye as before mentioned.  Cersei will probably sniff it out however.

1 hour ago, FRT said:

Upcoming battle in Ep 3 should take care of most of this issue.  But as always with GOT lots more bad stuff will happen than good.  My hope is Arya squares off against the Mountain at some point, face lifts him to get close and stabs Cersei in the eye as before mentioned.  Cersei will probably sniff it out however.

I'd imagine the size difference would give her away.

Havent kept up with this thread or rumors but what are the odds Jamie takes the Black? Perfect opportunity for Dany to show her judgement as a ruler by not executing Jamie for killing her father.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

Havent kept up with this thread or rumors but what are the odds Jamie takes the Black? Perfect opportunity for Dany to show her judgement as a ruler by not executing Jamie for killing her father.

I love the idea, but I think it's more likely he dies heroically.