OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Rogue   
11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It would help if we knew anything at all about the Night King's motivation. Does he have a goal other than "wipe out humanity?" 

If he does, then being tactical in his approach would make sense. If his only goal is to destroy all human life though, then I don't get why he'd split his forces and go to King's Landing.

If he goes to KL, there has to be a reason. It would open up a whole new set of questions if that's actually what happens. If the full force shows up at Winterfell though, then we'd have to continue believing they're simply a force of nature with one goal. I think it would be cool though to have our heroes win at Winterfell, only to realize the NK went to KL, killed everyone, and raised an even bigger army of wights. 

Episode 3 almost has to end with a sense of "all hope is lost," imo.

What if the Night King restores peace to Westeros and that's the motivation?  Would be bitter sweet.  

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I like that theory in how it ties in the missing visions.  

Yes, the best part of the theory is how it would tie into Dany’s vision of the Throne Room destroyed and covered in snow or ash as well as Bran’s vision of a dragon flying over King’s Landing. 

Finally watched the episode a few minutes ago. Even though B&B suck as writers I admittedly enjoyed it. Seems to me the story is setting up for Jon to Kill Dany and become the true king of the people that unites Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen.  

2 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

This first episode was complete mehhhhh. There's a shit ton of storylines and characters to wrap up this season and we waste time on Jon and Dany's faggy "Neverending Story" dragon ride?

Also, I fucking hate Samwell Tarly......no good reason----pretty much just for his face.

This would actually be fucking excellent. Cersei takes the final throne and Arya pulls her Faceless Man shit as Cersei's ally, reveals herself to Cersei, and sticks Needle in her fucking eye.

I'd also love if Dany took the throne, had a mental breakdown, and finished what her father started with the wildfire!

Awwwwwww @NashvilleNinja you gave me the flip-off emoji.....what part of the post triggered you? :(

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Finally watched the episode a few minutes ago. Even though B&B suck as writers I admittedly enjoyed it. Seems to me the story is setting up for Jon to Kill Dany and become the true king of the people that unites Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen.  

When has that ever been Jon's MO? He gave Last Hearth and Karhold back to the Umbers and Karstarks, even after they fought with the Bolton army against Jon in the Battle of the Bastards. You really think Jon will kill the woman he's growing to love more and more, especially now that he knows he's related to her by blood and after she saved his life?

Who knows how she'll react to the news about Jon/Aegon, but she rode her dragons north to save the guy. I don't understand why people think she's going to react overwhelmingly negatively to the news that he's the son of her brother Rhaegar, someone she's heard nothing but great things about from various people she's trusted (Barristan Selmy, Ser Jorah, etc). I mean, it's Game of Thrones... but I'd be more worried over how the Dothraki (toward Dany) or the northerners (toward Jon) will react than how they'll react to one another.

24 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Awwwwwww @NashvilleNinja you gave me the flip-off emoji.....what part of the post triggered you? :(

The part where you offered up your nasty 2 dollar street corner hole when I was looking for a deluxe apartment in the skiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiii hiiiiiiigh.

5 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The part where you offered up your nasty 2 dollar street corner hole when I was looking for a deluxe apartment in the skiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiii hiiiiiiigh.

I'm so sorry that I'm your Shae when you're looking for a Dany!

8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

When has that ever been Jon's MO? He gave Last Hearth and Karhold back to the Umbers and Karstarks, even after they fought with the Bolton army against Jon in the Battle of the Bastards. You really think Jon will kill the woman he's growing to love more and more, especially now that he knows he's related to her by blood and after she saved his life?

Who knows how she'll react to the news about Jon/Aegon, but she rode her dragons north to save the guy. I don't understand why people think she's going to react overwhelmingly negatively to the news that he's the son of her brother Rhaegar, someone she's heard nothing but great things about from various people she's trusted (Barristan Selmy, Ser Jorah, etc). I mean, it's Game of Thrones... but I'd be more worried over how the Dothraki (toward Dany) or the northerners (toward Jon) will react than how they'll react to one another.

Try to pay attention...

Because Dany is shaping up to be a tyrant and Jon always puts the people first. He'll have to supplant her for the good of the realm. It's also feasible the Dragons know he's the true heir and come over to him in the ultimate act of betrayal. Why do you think The Jaime trial scene is highlighted for next week? He's going to explain how evil the mad king was and that he had to do it to save King's Landing. It's an example for Jon and message for Dany if she continues down this path. Lastly you really believe she's going to give up her claim to the crown because the people loved Rhaegar? 

Edited by oldschool

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Try to pay attention...

Because Dany is shaping up to be a tyrant and Jon always puts the people first. He'll have to supplant her for the good of the realm. It's also feasible the Dragons know he's the true heir and come over to him in the ultimate act of betrayal. Why do you think The Jaime trial scene is highlighted for next week? He's going to explain how evil the mad king was and that he had to do it to save King's Landing. It's an example for Jon and message for Dany if she continues down this path. Lastly you really believe she's going to give up her claim to the crown because the people loved Rhaegar? 

Don't worry about my attention. I'm good, bruh.

The Jaime "trial" was highlighted because he's Jaime Lannister in Winterfell. It's kind of a big deal that he's there, something he knows since he was all cloaked out like Darth Sidious, and he's got a lot more to answer for than just stabbing the Mad King in the back. Why do you think Bran was waiting for him at the gates? Just to say hey and to engage in a little mind fuckery? You think Brienne won't have anything to say on his behalf either?

Could Dany go the path of a tyrant? Maybe, we'll see. There's plenty of precedent in her family history, but I seriously doubt it. I also doubt that the dragons give a flaming shit about the politics of humans. On an instinctual level they know he's one of them. They can obviously smell it in his blood, but how that translates to them give a damn about his political status is beyond me. Maybe that's a book thing. But Dany is also one of them. And she has proven to be invincible to fire, something we don't know about Jon. She is, for all intents and purposes, their mother. Their connection will always be as strong with her, if not stronger, as it would be with anyone else.

And though you're trivializing my point about Rhaegar, yes I really believe it will play a role in her thought process. Shit like that matters in a show like this. She may never have known him, but she's getting to know him through his son.

"Rhaegar never liked killing" - Barristan Selmy

"Everyone likes what they're good at." - Dany

"I don't." - Jon

They've definitely set up the contrast of Jon's empathy with Dany's ruthlessness. Interestingly, he never takes advice and she values counselors. Weird contrast but could certainly combine well if that's the way they go.

cenj   
3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Seems to me the story is setting up for Jon to Kill Dany and become the true king of the people that unites Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen.  

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

When has that ever been Jon's MO?

Actually, it would tie back to the first scene and the Ned's first lesson. Ned explained to him that some people must be killed. There are rules. Jon has avoided this reality most of the series -- it would make sense for him to finally take that lesson and become the rightful king, a symbolic act to show he's finally ready to rule.

4 minutes ago, cenj said:

Actually, it would tie back to the first scene and the Ned's first lesson. Ned explained to him that some people must be killed. There are rules. Jon has avoided this reality most of the series -- it would make sense for him to finally take that lesson and become the rightful king, a symbolic act to show he's finally ready to rule.

I thought the lesson was that "the one who passes the sentence should swing the sword".

1 hour ago, cenj said:

Yeah, I don't think the Dothraki and the Unsullied are going to take that very well.

And Jon has to know that.