The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

if Dany relinquishes her claim to it or dies. I don't think Jon will demand she relinquish it though.

It's not hers to relinquish though

We bout to have a mad queen on our hands! In fact we already did and didn't know it!

Bronn ain't no dummy, he knows all the gold in the world won't amount to much when he sees what's coming. He'll probably save Jamie from being killed by a whitewalker or some shit.

23 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Bronn ain't no dummy, he knows all the gold in the world won't amount to much when he sees what's coming. He'll probably save Jamie from being killed by a whitewalker or some shit.

The white walker threat will be over by the time he has to make that decision

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Jon's heritage also means Sansa is the true ruler of Winterfell. How will the North accept Jon once they know he's not one of them? 

He is still a man of the North through his mother.

But I do think Sansa will be seen as the rightful heir to Winterfell in the end. 

Yara mentioning the Iron Islands as a fallback location has to mean that will actually come into play, right? 

Perhaps the Night King actually wrecks them and the survivors have to retreat to the Iron Islands? Would put them much closer to King's Landing too.

6 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yara mentioning the Iron Islands as a fallback location has to mean that will actually come into play, right? 

Perhaps the Night King actually wrecks them and the survivors have to retreat to the Iron Islands? Would put them much closer to King's Landing too.

I think that’s just a good excuse for the writers to send her off to retake her home while Theon goes back to Winterfell to shoot dragonglass arrows at white walkers.

51 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Said as much on Twitter last night. Just seemed obvious once it was said. Having them win in the first go-around would be a waste. I'm expecting a regroup and panic before the answer.

Dany's personality is interesting in that they've just made her into an implacable wall of walking entitlement. And she makes no apologies, doesn't care to discuss it and will simply kill you. Her comment about Sansa having to accept her was telling. But they've drawn battle lines for Sansa, Arya, the North and even Sam. Sam is the most interesting one there, as it seemed somewhat forced while also being an interesting point about mercy. 

I find the North's inherent resistance to Dany to be kind dumb but it's 100% fine if that's the route they go and they do it well. Just seems obnoxiuous that some families are going to suddenly go it alone in protest. I'm not overly interested in catty women fighting over stupid shit.

The episode had nothing wrong with it but it was still disappointing, simply in that it means there's only five real episodes and six wasn't enough. So much is sped up. I just don't 'get' why they shortened the last two seasons.

It would be interesting if Sansa or others change their views on leadership over Jon's birth. I had just assumed that Bran already told them.

8 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

The episode had nothing wrong with it but it was still disappointing, simply in that it means there's only five real episodes and six wasn't enough. So much is sped up. I just don't 'get' why they shortened the last two seasons.

They didn’t shorten the ending. They extended what would have been the last (7th) season from the normal 10 1-hour episodes  to 13 episodes that average more than an hour over 2 seasons. 

Honestly they could have made it 20 1-hour eps over 2 seasons, but either way it was extended, not cut.

21 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I'll be interested to see if Cersei generally wins the final scheming but then Arya comes in at the end like Mark Whalberg waxing Matt Damon in ... whatever that movie was.

The Departed.   One of my all time faves.