The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

They announced 8 seasons years ago. They announced shortened seasons long after.

But don't let that get in the way of the wall of defense.

They announced an 8th season because they wanted to wring an extra year of subscriptions out of people. That doesn’t change the fact that each season has roughly equaled 1 book. I have no doubt they always planned to make the last 2 seasons fewer than 10 episodes each regardless of when they made that public knowledge.

Its like when WB decided to make 2 movies out of the last Harry Potter book. Or when New Line thought the Hobbit could be stretched to 3 movies. This was a financial decision made by the bean counters, not a decision made by the creative team.

Pulled this from reddit. These are the characters who will almost certainly have some sort of on-screen resolution to their arcs. Should be interesting to keep track of these characters and how their conflicts are resolved as the series comes to a close. The number in parentheses is the episode appearances.

1. Tyrion (63)
  2. Cersei (60)
  3. Dany (58)
  4. Jon (58)
  5. Sansa (56)
  6. Arya (55)
  7. Jaime (51)
  8. Jorah (50)
  9. Theon (45)
  10. Sam (45)
  11. Varys (43)
  12. Brienne (39)
  13. Davos (38)
  14. Bran (37)
  15. Bronn (36)
  16. Hound (36)
  17. Missandei (35)
  18. Pod (32)
  19. Edd (31)
  20. Tormund (29)
  21. Grey Worm (29)
  22. Melisandre (28)
  23. Gilly (24)
  24. Qyburn (21)
  25. Gendry (20)
  26. Mountain (18)
  27. Yara (15)
  28. Beric (10)
  29. Euron (7)
  30. Harry Strickland (new this episode)

Gilly and Melisandre did not appear in S8 E1. Brienne and Pod were only seen in the background to other scenes.

There are roughly 7 other that have played supporting role; although, there's a chance we don't hear from any of them again.

• Daario (21)
  • Edmure Tully (8)
  • Jaqen (17)
  • Meera (16)
  • Hot Pie (12)
  • Archmaester (4)
  • Howland Reed (2 flashbacks)

The preview with Dany promoting her known-idiot brother and mad father as meaningful n assessing Jaime is blah. I hope she twists that at the end to indicate it's not the end of the world but she still wants an answer (everyone judges him on it, after all)... as opposed to being unyielding and drawing a hard line.

I fear that they're going to make Dany unrelatable, just based on the setup. I'd love to be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Pulled this from reddit. These are the characters who will almost certainly have some sort of on-screen resolution to their arcs. Should be interesting to keep track of these characters and how their conflicts are resolved as the series comes to a close. The number in parentheses is the episode appearances.

1. Tyrion (63)
  2. Cersei (60)
  3. Dany (58)
  4. Jon (58)
  5. Sansa (56)
  6. Arya (55)
  7. Jaime (51)
  8. Jorah (50)
  9. Theon (45)
  10. Sam (45)
  11. Varys (43)
  12. Brienne (39)
  13. Davos (38)
  14. Bran (37)
  15. Bronn (36)
  16. Hound (36)
  17. Missandei (35)
  18. Pod (32)
  19. Edd (31)
  20. Tormund (29)
  21. Grey Worm (29)
  22. Melisandre (28)
  23. Gilly (24)
  24. Qyburn (21)
  25. Gendry (20)
  26. Mountain (18)
  27. Yara (15)
  28. Beric (10)
  29. Euron (7)
  30. Harry Strickland (new this episode)

Gilly and Melisandre did not appear in S8 E1. Brienne and Pod were only seen in the background to other scenes.

There are roughly 7 other that have played supporting role; although, there's a chance we don't hear from any of them again.

• Daario (21)
  • Edmure Tully (8)
  • Jaqen (17)
  • Meera (16)
  • Hot Pie (12)
  • Archmaester (4)
  • Howland Reed (2 flashbacks)

Some of these, in my opinion, don't need an epilogue/resolution.  Brienne will stay on to protect Sansa (or if she dies, continue acting as a knight somewhere or fade away in Tarth).  The majority will be resolved in their death.  I'm not sure many of these stories can result into anything more interesting than "attempted to return to live a normal life."  Tormund's is potentially more interesting because he is a wildling and him receiving land and titles is a change.  Obviously the big "players" can cause changes to the culture/world if they survive.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

We did a live/die prediction at work. I only had 5 characters living.

Who’d you go with? I feel most confident on Sam and Arya surviving. Any other character dying wouldn’t really surprise me. 

21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Best line I’ve read today: Bran has been siting there in his wheelchair just waiting for Jamie so he can ask him for a push... 

I really do wonder what he has planned for Jaime. He definitely has an important role to play and Bran wants to make sure he follows through.