Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah, I thought Tormund was about to go right then.

Is there anything in the books about their use of symbols?

Not really. But then we have never really even seen them in the books since the prologue. 

 

We also saw the same symbol used by the Children in the cave on Dragonstone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Not really. But then we have never really even seen them in the books since the prologue. 

 

We also saw the same symbol used by the Children in the cave on Dragonstone. 

Apparently the ep1 symbol was different. But we have seen the spiral a number of times before.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2019/4/14/18307839/game-of-thrones-white-walker-swirl-symbol-night-king-season-8-episode-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of surprised the episode was just over an hour.  I figured they'd all be on the long side. 

 

It doesn't seem like much time for Daenerys and Jon to discuss Jon's newfound information.  It doesn't much matter at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see that play out.  I'm kind of guessing Jon keeps it to himself, but at some point it has to be known.  Or maybe not.  Ned kept the secret.  

 

It's interesting they are going for a battle in episode 2.  Does the North retreat to the south?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rogue said:

I'm kind of surprised the episode was just over an hour.  I figured they'd all be on the long side. 

 

It doesn't seem like much time for Daenerys and Jon to discuss Jon's newfound information.  It doesn't much matter at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see that play out.  I'm kind of guessing Jon keeps it to himself, but at some point it has to be known.  Or maybe not.  Ned kept the secret.  

 

It's interesting they are going for a battle in episode 2.  Does the North retreat to the south?  

 

 

I think there will be no retreat. Either they defeat the Night King at Winterfell or the rest of Westeros is lost.

 

And I suspect the Night King arrives at the end of ep2 and the battle is ep3. 

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Apparently the ep1 symbol was different. But we have seen the spiral a number of times before.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2019/4/14/18307839/game-of-thrones-white-walker-swirl-symbol-night-king-season-8-episode-1

I actually told my wife I thought we'd seen that symbol from somewhere dealing with the children of the forest.  She believes Bran is the Nightking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rogue said:

I actually told my wife I thought we'd seen that symbol from somewhere dealing with the children of the forest.  She believes Bran is the Nightking.  

I've heard that theory before, but there would have to be some pretty timebending shit for that to happen. We saw the Children turn one of the First Men into a White Walker (the Night King?) thousands of years ago. Not sure how it could be Bran. Even if he can see the past, how could he physically go back in time?

 

I think it’s more likely the Night King simply has the power of an ancient greenseer combined with the power given to him via the Children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I think there will be no retreat. Either they defeat the Night King at Winterfell or the rest of Westeros is lost.

 

And I suspect the Night King arrives at the end of ep2 and the battle is ep3. 

I can't imagine the battle not taking up more of the season. I mean, this is it.  

 

I agree it won't happen until the end of the episode, setting up episode 3, but it's early in the season for a rather climatic event...at least for it to be over.  Perhaps they make a long stand at Winterfell, but it has to carry over into multiple episodes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't think so

 

She's wanted the throne more than anyone 

Yea, I've thought for awhile now that she's a villain. The show has at times tried to present her as someone to cheer for, but if you just think about her character's actions and motivations, she's a pretty fucked up bad guy. 


She demands obedience. No once can be queen but her, and it's her "right." She kills anyone who resists her and seems to care nothing about human life. She only protected slaves because she was bitter about what happened to her.

 

Daenerys won't be on the throne. She's shown herself to be a terrible ruler; she's only a bloodthirsty conqueror. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I've heard that theory before, but there would have to be some pretty timebending shit for that to happen. We saw the Children turn one of the First Men into a White Walker (the Night King?) thousands of years ago. Not sure how it could be Bran. Even if he can see the past, how could he physically go back in time?

 

I think it’s more likely the Night King simply has the power of an ancient greenseer combined with the power given to him via the Children.

I've asked her why she thought that.  I was not given a compelling answer. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rogue said:

I can't imagine the battle not taking up more of the season. I mean, this is it.  

 

I agree it won't happen until the end of the episode, setting up episode 3, but it's early in the season for a rather climatic event...at least for it to be over.  Perhaps they make a long stand at Winterfell, but it has to carry over into multiple episodes.  

Well there are only 5 episodes left to defeat the Night King and for someone to take the Iron Throne. If the Long Night is ep3 (the longest episode of the full 8 seasons) they still only have 3 eps to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...